Wells Fargo Advisors has recently launched a new campaign, encouraging investors to consider the company for personal investment planning advice. Amidst what has been a turbulent 12 months in the marketplace, now, more than ever, many consumers are facing confusion around their investing decisions.
A financial advisor from Wells Fargo Advisors can help investors quiet second guessing with a second opinion on their investment plan.
The work flips the confidence-building narrative that many competitors take on its head, by appealing to consumers’ own self-doubt when it comes to investment knowledge in a hyper-relatable way.
This was a strategic choice based on research showing that affluent consumers (the brand’s target), believe they’re succeeding in many aspects of life, yet they lack confidence in their investing decisions.
The creative, crafted by our friends at BBDO San Francisco, depicts people’s self-doubt as a disheveled doppelganger, appearing unexpectedly and encouraging them to kick out their doubt with the help of a financial advisor from Wells Fargo Advisors.
The “Kick out the Doubt” campaign includes four new spots that will run on TV and OLV, with accompanying digital and social assets. Have a look:
The campaign is targeted at both existing Wells Fargo banking customers who might not be aware of the company’s investment services, and new customers alike. TVCs will air nationally during the Wells Fargo Championship Golf Tournament, and will run now through the fall in four markets: Charlotte, Houston, Minneapolis, and Philadelphia.
CLIENT: Wells Fargo
AGENCY: BBDO San Francisco
- Chief Creative Officer: Matt Miller
- Creative Director: Eric Liebhauser
- Creative Director: Jakub Syzmanski
- Associate Creative Director: Stephanie Fernandes
- Associate Creative Director: Jared Johnson
- Designer: Fiona Slater
- EVP, Group Account Director: Evyn Zell
- Management Supervisor: Mary Cao
- Account Executive: Monisa Lu
- Project Manager: Laura Paulino
- SVP, Head of Integrated Production: Louise Doherty
- VP, Executive Producer: Patricia Bott
- Integrated Producer: Jasmine Henry
- Senior Business Manager: Nihad Peavler
- Senior Business Manager: Meredith Thornhill
- SVP, Strategy Director: Melissa Miller
- Planning Director: Neil Slotterback
PRODUCTION COMPANY: Stink Films
- Directors: Traktor
- EP: Fran McGivern
- Line Producer US: Rachel Curl
- Line Producer CAN: Jill Savatore
- Editor: Geoff Hounsell
- Producer: Alexa Atkin
- Assistant Editor: Ryan Andrus
POST PRODUCTION: MPC
- VFX EP: Elexis Stearn
- VFX Producer: Susan Harris
- Color Grade Producer: Sasha Pace
- Colorist: Ricky Gausis
MUSIC + SOUND PRODUCTION: Walker
- Executive Producers: Stephanie Pigott, Sara Matarazzo
- Producer: Danielle Soury
- Producer: Dottie Scharr
- Mix Engineer: Chris Nungary
MEDIA AGENCY: OMD