Since the Ford Mustang Mach-E was revealed, interest around Ford’s electric pony has been sky high. Recent insights point to the fact that Mustang Mach-E versus competitors’ comparisons have been growing rapidly.
For instance, “Tesla vs Mach-E” searches have went up nine times during the past few weeks. This is in line with automotive comparison searches using “versus” which have gone up specifically around electric vehicles by 64.2 % in the last 12 months!
These insights spurred the creation of Mustang Mach-E v Everything – a campaign that spans across five films that pin the electric SUV against extreme elements—Gravity, Lightning, Racing Pit Crew, DNA and even Rocket Science—in some impressive and visually captivating stunts to flex the strengths that make the Mustang Mach-E a winning contender in electric vehicles.
In essence, the campaign, that was coincidentally shot at the same location as Ford v Ferrari, brings to life the spirit of Mustang by putting it to the test through a series of bold, unexpected experiments that are brought to life in ways only a Mustang can. Watch below:
In MUSTANG MACH-E v. GRAVITY: The torque in the 2021 all-electric Mustang Mach-E is powerful. But is it powerful enough to challenge the laws of gravity? See how the electric pony’s off-the-line performance fares against a falling chandelier.
Here we have MUSTANG MACH-E v. ROCKET SCIENCE. The range of the 2021 all-electric Mustang Mach-E is impressive. But what does an impressive range look like? With the help of a 12-foot rocket, we visualize the EPA-estimated 300-mile range of the Mustang Mach-E Premium Model with available extended-range battery and rear-wheel drive.
ALSO READ: Dunkin’s new NHL ad plays in a bubble
MUSTANG MACH-E v. PIT CREW: Over-the-Air Update capabilities allow the 2021 all-electric Mustang Mach-E to update from almost anywhere. But can they compete with a mobile pit crew harnessed to the bed of a truck? Only one way to find out.
MUSTANG MACH-E v. LIGHTNING: The 2021 all-electric Mustang Mach-E can be charged super-fast. But can it beat the charge of lightning generated from a 12-foot Tesla coil? Find out when the Mustang Mach-E’s impressive DC Fast Charging capability goes head-to-head with lightning.
MUSTANG MACH-E v. DNA: The 2021 all-electric Mustang Mach-E is capable of learning the behaviors and adapting to the preferences of individual drivers. But is it smart enough to tell the difference between the identical ones? See what happens when the personalized technology in Mustang Mach-E takes on twins.
The work was created by creative agency partner, BBDO New York, and produced with 1stAvenueMachine Directors Aaron Duffy and Bob Partington and Still Photographer Tyler Gourley who are known for their technical and scientific approach.
The campaign goes live on Ford.com and YouTube starting today, Feb 11. The paid media campaign debuts just ahead of National Battery Day (Feb 18), on Feb 14, with linear TV and digital placements.
CLIENT: Ford Motor Company // Mustang Mach-E
- Chief Creative Officer, Worldwide: David Lubars
- Executive Creative Director: Philip Sicklinger
- Executive Creative Director: Alex Booker
- Creative Director: Rob Concepcion
- Creative Director: Meredith Karr
- EVP, Group Executive Producer: Diane Hill
- Associate Creative Director: Ricky Bowry
- Associate Creative Director: Joe Fox
- Junior Copywriter: Georgia Murphy
- Junior Art Director: Sabrina Ghantous
- EVP, NA Business Lead: Joe DiMeglio
- SVP, Group Account Director: Liz Boone
- Account Director: Cara Duffy
- Account Supervisor: Allison Piper
- Project Managers: Dan Brown and Michael Green
- Executive Producer: Diane Hill
- Producer: Melanie Cornish
- Production Services Director: Jess Nugent
- Business Manager: Grace Kelly
- Music Producer: Julia Millison
- Art Producer: Jasmine Batista
- Planning Director: Philip De Meulemeester
- Planner: Joseph Castagna
PRODUCTION COMPANY: 1stAvenueMachine
- Directors: Aaron Duffy and Bob Partington
- Still Photography: Tyler Gourley
- Editor: Alex Pirrone
- Asst. Editor: Lily Kleinman
SOCIAL AGENCY: VMLY&R