From time to time, it’s good to be reminded that no matter what you’ve got going on, you deserve to give yourself a little break. A little escape from reality. Even if it’s only for a moment. And even if it’s only with something as simple as a snack. Yaaas. The new campaign from Hormel brand, Skippy the Reel 360 Team loves crunchy), aims to give people just that.
Created by our friends at BBDO Minneapolis and launching yesterday, these dreamy yet familiar, music-driven spots showcase those moments in life where you could really use a second to yourself.
With a simple scoop of Skippy Peanut Butter, these characters are reminded that, when you take a second to live in the moment, you feel a little bit better. Whether you’re dealing with destructive puppies or chaotic kids, the maker of Skippy Peanut Butter just wants the audience to know they get it.
Watch the two 15-second spots below directed by Park Pictures’ Terri Timely:
The spots are accompanied by a series of hypnotic animations on social that invite viewers to escape into a Skippy dream world filled with relaxing snacking moments.
David Mackereth, creative director at BBDO Minneapolis put it simply: “This work visualises how SKIPPY Peanut Butter can sweeten life’s little bummers, much in the same way it can turn a bummer food like celery into a fun snack.”
CLIENT: SKIPPY Peanut Butter Brand
- MARKETING DIRECTOR: Jennifer Nolander
- BRAND MANAGER: Jennesa Kinscher
- ASSOCIATE BRAND MANAGER: Drew Parsons
AGENCY: BBDO Minneapolis
- EXECUTIVE CREATIVE DIRECTOR: Tim Mattimore
- CREATIVE DIRECTOR: David Mackereth and Nathalia Resende
- ART DIRECTOR: Holly Younce
- COPYWRITER: Olivia Boone
- PRODUCER: Peter McLarnan
- SVP GROUP ACCOUNT DIRECTOR: Ali Siviter
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR: Angela Lund
- PLANNING DIRECTOR: Theodore Schweitz
- ACCOUNT SUPERVISOR: Breanne Voeltz
- ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE: Jennifer Hogan
PRODUCTION COMPANY: Park Pictures
- DIRECTOR: Terri Timely
- EXECUTIVE PRODUCER: Cody Ryder
EDIT: Drive Thru
EDITOR: Mick Uzendoski
SOUND DESIGN: The Hifi Project
ORIGINAL MUSIC: The Hifi Project
FINISH: Drive Thru
COLOR: Company 3
SOURCE: BBDO Minneapolis