It’s impossible to hate on a spot that includes a Soul Train line. Truly Hard Seltzer has dropped a brand new campaign, calling on drinkers to be their original and flavorful selves and never letting anyone stand in their way. Dubbed “Live Truly,” the two spots deliver color, life and energy to hard seltzer drinkers through TV, digital, out-of-home and more.
Created by Goodby Silverstein & Partners, the four spots – Entrances, Day Party, Reflections & Late Night – were directed by Malia James, well-known for her work directing music videos for artists like Halsey and Rita Ora, and showcase the energetic, upbeat feelings that come with cracking open a can of Truly.
The hero spot centers around making a statement wherever you go and is set to the track Final Form by Sampa the Great. And it has a Soul Train line. Watch below:
Live Truly is also coming to life through Truly Originals, an ongoing series artist collaborations that looks at the world through the eyes of artists and creators.
Truly partnered with Max Loffler, Nikoo Bafti, Armando Veve and Merijn Hos to create one-of-a-kind designs inspired by its newest hard seltzer flavours, Truly Lemonade. All four styles – Original Lemonade, Black Cherry Lemonade, Mango Lemonade and Strawberry Lemonade – are depicted through unique designs created by the artists.
The designs will appear in digital content and limited release collectable items like T-shirts, prints and more, all available for purchase.
Truly plans to continue the Truly Originals series with two additional collaborations later in 2020, and more to come in 2021.
Live Truly and Truly Originals underscore Truly’s conviction that an inclusive world – full of all genders, races, beliefs and interests – is a better world. By partnering with artists, creators, musicians, designers and more, Truly aims to empower people to be truly themselves and bring originality, creativity and individuality into the world.
“With all of the work we’re doing right now – from our recent Pride campaign to Truly Originals to our new creative – we’re putting a stake in the ground to show what Truly stands for,” said Lesya Lysyj, CMO of the Boston Beer Company.
Earlier this month, Truly launched Truly Proud, a content series for Pride that shines the spotlight on and gives a platform to Black LGBTQ+ voices by amplifying their stories across Truly’s social channels to hundreds of thousands of their followers.
CLIENT: Truly Hard
- CO-FOUNDER AND CHAIRMAN: Jim Koch
- PRESIDENT AND CEO: Dave Burwick
- CHIEF MARKETING OFFICER: Lesya Lysyj
- SENIOR DIRECTOR OF COMMUNICATIONS: Robert Hall
- DIRECTOR OF MARKETING: Erica Taylor
- SENIOR MANAGER INTEGRATED COMMS: Emma Mandler
AGENCY: Goodby Silverstein & Partners
- CO-CHAIRMEN: Jeff Goodby and Rich Silverstein
- CHIEF CREATIVE OFFICER: Margaret Johnson
- ASSOCIATE CREATIVE DIRECTOR: AJ Warren
- ASSOCIATE CREATIVE DIRECTOR: Matt McNulty
- ASSOCIATE CREATIVE DIRECTOR: Brett Beaty
- ART DIRECTOR: Shelby Lemons
- COPYWRITER: Lucy Sandwick
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR: Rachel Stermer
- ACCOUNT MANAGER: Kate Colantuono
- ASSISTANT ACCOUNT MANAGER: Nolan Solis
- PARTNER, HEAD OF BRAND STRATEGY: Bonnie Wan
- PARTNER, HEAD OF COMMUNICATION STRATEGY: Christine Chen
- BRAND STRATEGY DIRECTOR: Stephanie Bousquet
- DIRECTOR OF COMMUNICATIONS STRATEGY: Caitlin Neelon
- BRAND STRATEGIST: Ariel Berk
- CO-DIRECTOR OF PRODUCTION: Leila Gage and Margaret Brett-Kearns
- EXECUTIVE PRODUCER: Matt Flaker
- AGENCY PRODUCER: Kateri McLucas
- DIRECTOR OF BUSINESS AFFAIRS: Judy Ybarra
- BUSINESS AFFAIRS MANAGER: Chrissy Shearer
PRODUCTION COMPANY: Strike Anywhere
- DIRECTOR: Malia James
- DIRECTOR OF PHOTOGRAPHY: Frank Mobilio
- MANAGING DIRECTOR/EXECUTIVE PRODUCER: Victoria Guenier
- LINE PRODUCER: Tom Birmingham
EDIT: Cut + Run
- EDITOR: Sean Fazende
- ASSISTANT EDITOR: Beth Cohon
- EXECUTIVE PRODUCER: Deanne Mehling
- PRODUCER: Brian Mulvey
- PRODUCER: Cassandra Guardado
TELECINE: Ethos Studio
- COLORIST: Kaitlyn Battistelli
- HEAD OF PRODUCTION: Brittany Carson
- EXECUTIVE PRODUCER: James Drew
MIX: Lime Studios
- SOUND DESIGNER/MIXER: Matt Miller
- ASSISTANT MIXER: Ian Connie
- SENIOR PRODUCER: Kayla Phungglan
- EXECUTIVE PRODUCER: Susie Boyajan
- ENTRANCES : 30 Music – “Final Form”
MUSIC: Sampa the Great
- DAY PARTY : 15 Music – “Happy Days”
- MUSIC SUPERVISION: Good Ear Music Supervision
- MUSIC SUPERVISOR: Morgan Thoryk
- MUSIC COVER ARTIST: Tess Henley
- ORIGINAL ARTIST: “Happy Days” is a song written by Norman Gimbel and Charles Fox. It is the theme song of the 1970s television series Happy Days. It can be heard during the TV show’s opening and closing credits as it runs in perpetual rerun syndication.The song was first recorded in 1974 by Jim Haas.
- EXECUTIVE PRODUCER, FINISHING: Karena Ajamian
- SENIOR VFX PRODUCER: Nicole Saccardi
- ASSOCIATE PRODUCER: Justin Rogers C De Baca
- CREATIVE DIRECTOR: Claus Hansen
- 2D ARTISTS: Sean Anderson, Young Mok, Luis Artigas, Manideep Sanisetty, Anupam Kumar, Jay Harshad Joshi, Joshi John, Amit Kumar Shukla, Gokulakrishnan M G, Mahendranatha Reddy
- AFTER EFFECTS DESIGNERS: Anthony Ricciardi, Yosh Bolivar
- VFX LEAD FLAME ARTISTS: Cynthia Lee, Patrick Ferguson, Andre Arevalo
SOURCE: Goodby, Silverstein and Partners