The Motaur – the mythical half-man, half-motorcycle – rides again for in a new :30-second Progressive debuting today. Called, ‘Herd,’ the effort is a visual manifestation of the core customer insight that motorcyclists often feel at one with their bikes, the Motaur is a way for Progressive to celebrate this often misunderstood community of riders.
Up until now, viewers have only seen the Motaur (introduced in 2019) on his own, as he is questioned about his appearance by traditional humans. In this new spot, the story continues as we see the Motaur in a scenic landscape, taking in the beauty of a herd of stampeding dirt bike Motaurs. This protagonist raises his front tire in salute. Watch below:
Although the work was shot before the pandemic, all post-production took place remotely over the past several weeks. The post production alone took approximately 3,400 hours, to bring the vision of the herd to life.
- President & CEO, Tricia Griffith
- Chief Marketing Officer, Jeff Charney
- Business Leader of Creative Management, Meghan Walsh
- Marketing Manager, Jennifer Nezovich
- Marketing Specialist, Alison Beard
- Chief Creative Officer, Sean McBride
- Creative Directors, Gregg Nelson & Michael Sullivan
- Producer, Sean Vernaglia
- Assistant Producer, Danielle Balanov
- Business Affairs, Danielle Ivicic
- Marketing: Val Bettini, Gail Felcher, Jordan Colleran, Crissy Cavallaro
- Project Management: Eric Rubino
- Planning: Lanna Tokuhiro and Molly Chisholm.
- PRODUCTION COMPANY: Dummy
- Production Company Line Producer: Michael Kanter
- Director: Harold Einstein
- Cinematographer: Andrzej Sekula
Editor: Dave Anderson
Sound Design: Mike Secher, Soundtrack
Music: HiFi Project
VFX: The Mill