Building on its 25 years as one of the world’s leading full-service travel companies, today, Expedia announced a ew direction as the world prepares for the return of travel demand.
Launching a new global positioning grounded in the understanding that who you travel with matters, marks the beginning of Expedia’s journey in becoming the ultimate travel companion, helping travelers every step of the way.
The travel brand’s renewed commitment to travelers comes on the heels of what has arguably been one of the toughest years for the travel industry as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.
After months of conducting deep customer research to understand and address critical traveler pain points, the new positioning marks a pivotal moment for the brand as it looks to overhaul its business to better cater to travelers who value maximizing their time and want to get the most out of their overall travel experience.
From an updated look and feel to enhanced product offerings, Expedia is looking to double down on efforts to deliver on travelers’ evolving wants and needs in a post-pandemic world.
The new approach for 2021 includes new film creative, created by Team One and Saatchi and Saatchi, London, will features American actor, writer, director and producer, Rashida Jones (On the Rocks, Black AF), and the U.K. and European spots will feature English actor Naomie Harris (Skyfall, Spectre).
Through the creative’s brilliant scripting and song-writing, Jones and Harris will engage with travelers to deliver inspiration and support in an upbeat and uplifting way. The result is an anthem spot that highlights the importance of being an empowering travel companion for all. Watch below:
“For the past 25 years, we’ve been focused on volume and transactions as our way of growing our business. What we’ve found however, over the past year, is that our customers want more from a travel company. They want a trusted partner who is there with them every step of the way, supporting them to ensure they get the most out of their trips,” noted Shiv Singh, Senior Vice President and General Manager, Expedia Brand.
Using relatable and empowering individuals such as Jones and Harris, the global creative puts companionship at the core of its narrative. Both will serve as perfect representations of Expedia’s new brand attributes – intuitive, travel-savvy and positive.
Alongside platform enhancements, Expedia will be unveiling its new global creative across multiple touchpoints supported by the brand’s largest marketing spend in more than five years.
Using a singular creative platform and a new tagline “It matters who you travel with” travelers will see the idea of Expedia as the ultimate travel companion come through in unique ways across various channels, creating a cohesive message that will resonate as people start traveling again.
“Our new brand positioning acts as a promise to the traveler who wants to be engaged by possibilities, but now more than ever needs to feel supported throughout their journey. We know that people want to get back to travel, we want them to feel confident in the travel experience they can have with Expedia.” concludes Singh.
AGENCY: Team One/Saatchi & Saatchi London
- Chief Creative Officer: Chris Graves
- Executive Creative Director: Fabio Costa
- Executive Creative Director: Dan Triechel
- Creative Director: Davide Vismara
- Creative Director: Amina Halim
- Copywriter: Andrew Crawford
- Art Director: Joshuah Harms
- Director of Production: Sam Walsh
- Senior Producer: Jenny Valladares
- Head of Film UK: Rebecca Williams
- Director of Business Affairs: David Peake
- Music Supervisor: Neil Cleary
- Associate Producer: Emily Wold
- Global Group Brand Director: Rachel Gilmour
- Business Leader: Alice Flanagan
- Management Supervisor: Meredithe Woodward
- Account Executive: Meagan Danielak
- Associate Director of Project Management: Erik Howerbush
- Associate Global Program Manager: Kaitlyn Ha
- Strategy Managing Director: Donn Rohn
- Sr. Strategic Planner: Lauren Mabuni
- Planning Partner: Kristian Henschel
PRODUCTION COMPANY: Arts & Sciences
- Director: Anthony Mandler
- Director of Photography: Autumn Durald
- Managing Partner, EP: Marc Marrie
- Partner, Managing Director: Mal Ward
- Executive Producer: James Bland
- Head of Production Christa Skotland
- Producer: Pete Vitale
- Production Design: Brian Branstetter
- Production Supervisor: Harvey Horton
- Head of Production – Carla Attanasio
- Executive Producer – Pete King
- Creative Director – James Rogers
- On Set Supervisor – Eric Rosenfeld
- Compositing Supervisor – Woei Lee
- VFX Producer – Mary Ann Jones
- VFX Coordinator – James Gemmell
- Flame Artist – Steve Cokonis
EDIT: Whitehouse Post
- Producer: Antonia Porter
- Editor: Sam Gunn
- Assistant Editor: Thomas Hill
- Colorist: Tom Poole
- Producer: Alexandra Lubrano
- Scott Glenn | Creative Director
- Austin Shupe | Composer/Arranger/Associate Creative Director
- Caroline Hudson | Head of Production
- Debbi Landon | Executive Producer
- Daniel Hart | Sound Designer
RECORD & MIX: LIME Studios
- Engineer: Joel Waters
- Assistant Mix Engineer: Collin Thomas
- Producer: Susie Boyajan
Engineer: Josiah Kosier