For the first time, Pringles is launching a collection of spicy crisps for heat-loving snack fans this week along with a humorous new TV commercial from Grey New York. This is our Reel Ad of the Week because, well it deserves it.
Fans who crave uncomfortable heat will find it can bring uncomfortable This is our Reel Ad of the Week because, well it deserves it. The commercial, directed by master of cringe comedy, Harold Einstein, shows a young man talking romance with his girlfriend’s dad to his dismay as the heat builds. Watch below:
“We’ve launched spicy flavors in the past, but Pringles Scorchin’ is our first dedicated collection,” said Gareth Maguire, senior director of marketing for Pringles. “As we created this collection, we knew spice was important, but we also wanted to preserve the insanely accurate flavours our fans have come to expect from our products. I’m proud to say, we have succeeded on both fronts to offer the perfect balance of bold flavour and spicy heat that builds over time.”
The commercial launches on TV and online today and will be followed up in 2021 with equally uncomfortable social advertising, activations and more.
The new Pringles Scorchin’ lineup adds fiery heat to three existing Pringles flavors: Cheddar, BBQ and Chili & Lime – bringing a spicy sensation to the flavors fans already know and love.
The new Pringles Scorchin’ flavors will be available through a limited release in retailers nationwide beginning in December 2020 with a full release, including Grab & Go size, in 2021.
- CONSULTANT: Murphy Cobb
- GENERAL MANAGER, SALTY SNACKING: Yuvraj Arora
- SENIOR BRAND MANAGER: Gareth Maguire
- ASSOCIATE BRAND MANAGER: Matt Hoefer
AGENCY: Grey New York
- GLOBAL CCO: John Patroulis
- CCO: Justine Armour
- GROUP CREATIVE DIRECTOR: Leo Barbosa and Cuanan Cronwright
- COPYWRITER: Kelsey Blake
- ART DIRECTOR: Connie Chweh
- HEAD OF INTEGRATED PRODUCTION: James McPherson
- EXECUTIVE PRODUCER: Kim Kietz
- PRODUCER: Lauren O’Driscoll
- BUSINESS AFFAIRS: Angelique Vargas
- EVP GLOBAL ACCOUNT DIRECTOR: Brian Weston
- SVP ACCOUNT DIRECTOR: Nicole Nazarenus
- ACCOUNT SUPERVISOR: Lindsey Martinangelo
- ASSISTANT ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE: Charly Stamps
- PROJECT MANAGER: Morgan Marc
- PLANNING DIRECTOR: Nicolas Pilaprat
PRODUCTION COMPANY: Dummy
- DIRECTOR: Harold Einstein
- PRODUCER: Michael Kanter
AUDIO: Gramercy Park Studio