As destinations around the world begin to reopen, Los Cabos, Mexico wants travelers to embrace the new normal and reimagine how the new rules for staying safe can be applied to travel. The destination turned to Milwaukee- and Chicago-based Laughlin Constable to produce their newest campaign.
This campaign, titled #LosCabosRules, showcases now-familiar COVID safety guidelines in a uniquely Los Cabos setting: “stay at home” while watching a gorgeous sunset; “remember your mask” while you’re snorkeling, and “practice social distancing” floating in blue water.
Los Cabos is no stranger to recovering from a crisis. In 2014, Hurricane Odile decimated the destination, but the resilience of the people of Los Cabos enabled the destination to reopen shortly after.
This pandemic will be no different. Los Cabos began their phased reopening plan on June 15, after suspending tourism activity since March 30. The destination is currently ready to welcome visitors with strict health and safety protocols implemented across the destination.
ALSO READ: Laughlin Constable wins National PR Award
“We had to move rapidly in the wake of this pandemic to find a creative concept that can set us apart from other campaigns as destinations around the globe reopen. This led us to selecting the Los Cabos Rules campaign,” says Rodrigo Esponda, Managing Director of the Los Cabos Tourism Board.
“We all know the rules. Stay home, avoid crowds, work remotely – the list goes on. We also know travelers are eager to be able to safely return to Los Cabos. So, we reimagined how those rules could apply to highlight the resilient spirit of the region and the adventure that awaits when people return,” says John Maxham, Chief Creative Officer of Laughlin Constable.
The campaign will predominantly target the west coast of the United States, where a large portion of their regular visitors, who often consider Los Cabos a home away from home, hail from.
#LosCabosRules will appear on digital, social, pre-roll, native, print and OOH in important feeder markets for Los Cabos: Los Angeles, San Francisco, Phoenix, Dallas/Fort Worth and New York.
CLIENT: Los Cabos
- Managing Director: Rodrigo Esponda
- Marketing Director: Eduardo Regules Bukantz
- Marketing Manager: Ana Gaby Navarro
- Social Media Manager – Fabiola Galindo
- Brand Coordinator – Claudia Rubalcava
- PR Coordinator – Sandra de la Garza
AGENCY: Laughlin Constable
- Chief Creative Officer: John Maxham
- Group Creative Director: Jon Laughlin
- Group Creative Director: Pat Laughlin
- Executive Creative Director: Vince Cook
- Senior Art Director: Ruby Christiansen
- Senior Copywriter: Randall Kenworthy
- Executive Producer: Chris Bing
- Content Producer: Kate Fiorita
- Account Director: Ernesto Adduci
- Account Supervisor: Jonathan Cleveland
- Senior Integrated Producer: Samantha Pulling
- Chief Strategy Officer: Mark Carlson
- Director, Strategic Planning: Tom Curtes
- EVP, Media: Vanessa Watts
- Director, Programmatic: John Stachulski
- Director, Paid Search and Paid Social: Marisa Giannini
Editing/Post Production/Special Effects Editorial Company: HIVE
- Managing Director : Chris Bing
- Content Producer: Kate Fiorita
- Editor: Eric Arsnow
- Editor: Travis Whitty
- Editor: Susan Holder
- Editor: Frank Sigwarth
SOURCE: Laughlin Constable