The introduction of Kia’s most powerful midsize sedan ever – the all-new 2021 K5 – continues as Kia Motors America (KMA) has dropped a creative broadcast campaign and embarked on never-before-seen marketing partnerships with network shows including NBC’s America’s Got Talent and the 72nd Emmy® Awards broadcast.
The initiatives come hot on the wheels of the first-ever K5 Live “Triple Threat Stunt” – which took place in July – and will continue showcasing the all-new K5 midsize sedan in unique and unexpected ways.
“The Kia K5 is like nothing else in the category and we looked for high-profile partners to create a series of events and creative elements that showcase our most powerful midsize sedan ever,” said Russell Wager, director, marketing operations, Kia Motors America.
Debuting on national broadcast outlets on September 1st, the “Turning the Lights On” spot, created by our friends at David & Goliath, Kia’s creative AOR, finds the K5 GT zipping through a warehouse full of dusty, discarded carnival rides and toys.
As the K5 passes each cobweb covered piece of equipment, they magically come back to life and soon the entire space is re-energized, with blinking lights, carnival music and animatronic movements, highlighting how the K5 is breathing new life into and re-energizing the staid and stale midsize sedan category.
The spot, directed by Feel Films’ Darrin Prescott, ends with the voiceover “Rides made us feel something once, they can do it again.” The creative includes both :30- and :15- second spots that will be used across both broadcast and digital platforms. Watch below:
ALSO READ: AT&T and Lily return in first 5G campaign from BBDO
“The partnerships with America’s Got Talent and the Emmys are a completely new direction for Kia and help bring live elements to a launch that has been decidedly different from the start,” Wager notes.
In conjunction with the broadcast campaign, Kia is the first automotive brand to officially partner with Summer’s hottest show, America’s Got Talent, and will conduct a live episode takeover on September 1st. The partnership puts the maneuverability and beauty of the K5 on full display, featured in a surprise show open and supported with prominent Kia branding throughout the episode.
Later in September, the K5 will be front and center for biggest night in television as Kia partners with ABC and the Television Academy for the 72nd Emmy Awards telecast.
Subscribe: Sign up for our FREE e-lert here. Stay on top of the latest advertising, film, TV, entertainment and production news!
Kia will be featured through a series of integrations showcasing the brand’s K5 and Telluride Nightfall Edition models. The Emmy Awards are scheduled to air live on ABC, Sunday, September 20th.
- FOUNDER & CREATIVE CHAIRMAN: David Angleo
- PRESIDENT: Yumi Prentice
- CHIEF STRATEGY OFFICER: Laura Forman
- EXECUTIVE CREATIVE DIRECTOR/COPYWRITER: Mark Koelfgen
- GROUP CREATIVE DIRECTOR/ART DIRECTOR: Frauke Tiemann
- CREATIVE DIRECTOR/ART DIRECTOR: Stephanie Kohnen
- CREATIVE DIRECTOR/COPYWRITER: Tiffany Smith
- ASSOCIATE CREATIVE DIRECTOR/ART DIRECTOR: Bennett Austin
- ASSOCIATE CREATIVE DIRECTOR/COPYWRITER: Nick Micale
- ASSOCIATE CREATIVE DIRECTOR/ART DIRECTOR: Kevin Reilly
- ASSOCIATE CREATIVE DIRECTOR/COPYWRITER: Sarah Mosseller
- MANAGING DIRECTOR, BROADCAST PRODUCTION: Paul Albanese
- EXECUTIVE PRODUCER: Curt O’Brien
- INTEGRATED PRODUCER: Jesse Roberts
- DIRECTOR OF BUSINESS AFFAIRS: Natasha Royzina
- SENIOR BUSINESS AFFAIRS MANAGER: Yenia Paez
- BUSINESS AFFAIRS MANAGER: Marlon Pineda
- ASSOCIATE BUSINESS AFFAIRS MANAGER: Amy Santana
- GROUP STRATEGY DIRECTOR: Donesh Olyaie
- SENIOR STRATEGIST: Jasmine Spraglin
- JUNIOR STRATEGIST: Beka Tesfaye
- COMMUNICATIONS PLANNING DIRECTOR: Jeff Cannata
- ASSOCIATE COMMUNICATIONS PLANNING DIRECTOR: Natalie Gomez
- JR. COMMUNICATIONS PLANNER: Hailey Kim
- ANALYTICS DIRECTOR: Taylor Grant
- ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR OF PROJECT MANAGEMENT: Genie Lara Associate
- SENIOR PROJECT MANAGER: Paul Stephens
- PROJECT MANAGER: Amanda Bercovitch
- PROJECT COORDINATOR: David Sukal
- MANAGING DIRECTOR: Lisa Tanner
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR: Jay Mattingly
- MANAGEMENT SUPERVISOR: Kylie Lemasters
- ACCOUNT COORDINATOR: Nick Janner
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR, DIGITAL: Sarah Masket
- ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE, DIGITAL: Quinn Rufener
- ASSISTANT ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE, DIGITAL: Britney Bencomo
- MANAGING DIRECTOR, INTEGRATED PRODUCTION & TECHNOLOGY SERVICES: Peter Bassett
- EXECUTIVE DIGITAL PRODUCER: Justine Kleeman
- PRODUCER: Genevieve Shah
- DIGITAL DESIGNER: Meagan Steinkamp
- DIGITAL DESIGNER: Kurtis Mirick
PRODUCTION COMPANY: Feel Films
- FOUNDER & OWNER: Nick Hirschkorn
- EXECUTIVE PRODUCER: Louise Gagen
- EXECUTIVE PRODUCER: Gary Giudice
- DIRECTOR: Darrin Prescott
US REP: Safeword Creative
UK REP: Kate Elson @ Agent Elson
- EDITOR: Adam Marshall
- EXECUTIVE PRODUCER: Jonathan Carpio
- PRODUCER: Patricia Gushikuma
VFX COMPANY: a52
- SENIOR EXECUTIVE PRODUCER: Patrick Nugent
- VFX SUPERVISOR: Urs Furrer
- VFX PRODUCER: Jillian Lynes
- SOURCE: Kia Motors