Talk about a “bromance” for food. A new national campaign for Subway features football stars JJ, TJ, and Derek Watt. The three are featured to spotlight Subway’s BOGO Footlong program. For a limited time, the QSR will give guests the option of buying one Footlong sub and getting a second one free.
That means getting double of what you love – America’s favorite sandwiches made with fresh-cut veggies, toppings, and your choice of sauces and lean protein piled high on freshly baked bread.
You have my attention, Subway.
In the new campaign from The Franchise@Dentsu(an integrated team lead by mcgarrybowen NY and Carat ) we see the competitive siblings, Houston Texans defensive end JJ debating with his other NFL bros, TJ and Derek, about whose Footlong reigns supreme. Real life mother Connie and father John also star in the commercial for this true family affair.
“It’s not very often you get the opportunity to partner with a brand that literally played a role in your journey almost every step of the way. We started eating Subway back in our youth football days and continued through college and our professional career,” said the Watt brothers. “It is a privilege to join such an iconic brand and to do so with our entire family makes it even more special.
Watch the spots directed by O-Positive’s Spenser Riviera below:
Matt Ian, Chief Creative Officer of Dentsu lead agency mcgarrybowen had this to say,”We have a great new team at Subway working with a great new team at Dentsu. And we got to kick it all off with an incredible football family: The Watts. (And not to play favorites, but as a Steelers fan, go TJ!)”
This is a fully integrated campaign with video, digital, and social going into rotation now. You can see some of the social below:
- CMO: Carrie Walsh
- Vice President, Creative and Brand Management: Marie Silloway
- Director, Social Media: Meaghan Morelli
- Director, Creative Development: Katie Behr
- Sr. Manager, Creative Development: Steve Fcasni
AGENCY: The Franchise@Dentsu (an integrated team lead by mcgarrybowen NY and Carat)
- Chief Creative Officer: Matthew Ian
- Executive Creative Director: Michele Kunken
- Group Creative Director: Matt Tarulli
- Associate Creative Directors: Alexander Augustinos and Declan Byrnes-Enoch
- Executive Producer: Todd Scheifele
- Integrated Producer: David Chester
- Music Licensing Supervisor: Vlad Bar
- Director, Talent Services: Sue Ayson
- Executive Strategy Director: Karen Kraut
- Managing Director: Shaheen Salimi
- Account Managing Director: Kate Nielsen
- Account Supervisor: Lauren Makee
- Assistant Account Executive: Jamie Horowitz
PRODUCTION COMPANY: O-Positive
- Director: Spenser Riviera
- EP: Marc Grill
POST PRODUCTION: No. 6
- Post Producer: Amanda Slamin
- Editor: Jason MacDonald
- Color Artist: Tim Masick
- Audio Engineer: Peter Holcomb
MUSIC: Heavy Duty
- Talent: Quincy Dunn-Baker
- Representation: Abrahms
MEDIA: Dentsu Media – Carat
SOURCE: The Franchise@Dentsu