The new Hormel Chili campaign aims to bring people together by sharing food that promotes a good time. Created by BBDO Minneapolis and launched on January 20th, the spots feature real life moments where people could use an easy dinner upgrade to their typical dinner routine. Once they taste the Hormel Chili, they’re hit with excitement that’s so uncontainable, they begin moving uncontrollably.
Key production elements help bring seemingly impossible movements to life. This campaign gives Hormel Chili a fun and enthusiastic edge that speaks to those they serve and positions the brand as the perfect simple and exciting dinner upgrade. So, open up a can of Hormel Chili and Pour On!
“We created eye-grabbing visuals and paired them with earwormy audio to get more HORMEL Chili dogs into the mouths of our audience. I’m eating one right now as you read this.” said David Mackereth, creative director.
The new spots will run as part of a fully integrated campaign across broadcast, online video, digital display and social media.
CLIENT: Hormel Foods
- MARKETING DIRECTOR: Jason Baskin
- SENIOR BRAND MANAGER: Sarah Johnson
- BRAND MANAGER: Justina Forsythe
AGENCY: BBDO Minneapolis
- EXECUTIVE CREATIVE DIRECTOR: Tim Mattimore
- CREATIVE DIRECTOR: David Mackereth
- CREATIVE DIRECTOR: Nathalia Resende
- PRODUCER: Peter McLarnan
- SVP GROUP ACCOUNT DIRECTOR: Ali Siviter
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR: Matt Mullin
- PLANNING DIRECTOR: Theo Schweitz
- ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE: Jenny Hogan
- ASSISTANT ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE: Eh Eh
PRODUCTION COMPANY: Picrow
- DIRECTOR: Fatal Farm
- EXECUTIVE PRODUCER: Dal Wolfe & Anthony Ficalora
EDIT: Drive Thru
- EDITOR: Mick Uzendoski
SOUND DESIGN: HiFi
FINISH: Drive Thru
COLOR: Company 3