Last year when the Coronavirus pandemic began shutting down the country, many brands shied away from releasing their annual April Fool’s Day pranks. This year is a different story as some brands, including Outback, Lego, Bud Light Seltzer, jumped back on the trend. Velveeta also joined the group with their own joke.
A self-care skin care line. Yum.
The company shared a video on social media to promote its new line of beauty products, including a daily moisturizer ($35), night cream ($50) and serum ($40).
“Feel the magnificence of melty moisturization. Breathe in the bliss. The creaminess of Velveeta, now in skin care. V by Velveeta,” a voice announced on the company’s prank video.
Doubling down on the joke, Velveeta also created a waitlist where users can submit their name and email in order to be notified when the products are available for purchase.
Brings a whole new meaning to grilled cheese.
CLIENT: Kraft Heinz
- Aaron Evanson, Executive Creative Director
- Jeff Beck, Creative Director
- Nok Sangdee, Creative Director
- Andi Tonis, Senior Art Director
- Bryan Hradek, Senior Copywriter
- Jonathan King, Director, Client Engagement
- Kat Yahner, Senior Account Manager
- Erica Koenig, Account Manager
- Melissa Barany, Executive Producer
- Jeff Piper, Senior Producer
- Freddie Wise, Senior Print Production Manager
- Lisa Stevens, Director of Business Affairs
- Michael Niemczyk, Associate Connections Director
- John Sabine, Connections Manager
- Sophie Higdon, Associate Strategist
PRODUCTION COMPANY: One at Optimus
- Director: Max Moore
- National Director of Sales: Tim Jacobs
- Head of Production: Dave Buehrle
- Line Producer: Sydney Thomson
- Editor: Matt Glover
- Assistant Editor & Color: Margo Hess
- Senior Audio Engineer: Marina Killion
- Executive Producer: Tracy Spera