Starting October 11th, UK audiences will be officially presented to the latest innovation in the world of coffee: a coffee machine that talks. Talk about Coffee Talk. That is the result of a partnership between Italian coffee manufacturer Lavazza and technology company Amazon, who worked together to create the new A Modo Mio Voicy, the first mass-produced coffee machine with Alexa integrated system.
Carlo Colpo, Marketing Communication Director at Lavazza, comments: “Lavazza Voicy is a coffee machine that best represents Lavazza’s spirit of innovation. A spirit of innovation that also lives in the creativity of its communication. Thanks to VMLY&R and the work done with Ali Ali, we have pushed our communication codes, once again, beyond the limits.”
Supporting the innovation, an integrated launch campaign by VMLY&R Italy shows how Lavazza brings authentic Italian coffee into the future through fast-paced vignettes seamlessly tied together by clever transitions.
The coffee machine is the true hero of the campaign that shows its skills, expertise, sense of humour and portraits interactions with different characters as word-of-mouth spreads about its features. The star product plays, for once, an active part in the film, not just featuring traditional beautiful product shots. Watch below:
“Creating a campaign for an innovative product is always a big challenge. Fortunately, the nature of this product and the people involved – starting with our client – also made it great fun,” added Rafael Genu and Cristian Comand, Executive Creative Directors VMLY&R Italy.
Since the launch of their More Than Italian platform in December 2018, Lavazza has aimed to build a premium-with-a-smile tone of voice, mixing the Italian way of life with urban cosmopolitan fashion attitude. “Alexa, make me an espresso!” was directed by awarded-winning Egyptian director Ali Ali and is his third collaboration in three years with Lavazza and VMLY&R Italy.
With the new Lavazza A Modo Mio Voicy coffee lovers can request coffee by voice (or through the Piacere Lavazza app), set personalised coffees for every occasion, and never run out, since Alexa alerts them when capsules are low. All this is in addition to Alexa’s regular features.
The integrated campaign debuted in Italy over the summer and is rolling out to the UK. It will run across TV, online, print, OOH and social. Media by Wavemaker.
CLIENT: Lavazza S.p.A
AGENCY: VMLY&R ITALY
- Chief Creative Officer: Francesco Poletti
- Executive Creative Director Copy: Rafael Genu
- Executive Creative Director Art: Cristian Comand
- Deputy Creative Director Art: Francesco Sgritta
- Deputy Creative Director Copy: Davide Labò
- Client Lead: Veronica Pagani
- Group Account Director: Valeria Pedrazzini
- Account Director: Sofia Storzini
- International Coordinator: Costanza Angeletti
- Head of Strategy: Luigi Accordino
- Senior Strategist: Alessandro Grossi
- TV Producer: Sara Poltronieri
MEDIA AGENCY: WaveMaker
PRODUCTION ADVISOR: The Producer International
PRODUCTION COMPANY: Movie Magic International
- Executive Producer: Annalisa De Maria
- Producer: Alessandro M. Naboni
- Film director: Ali Ali
- Jr. Producer: Alice Chauvain, Camilla Sangermani
- Director: Ali Ali
- DOP: Pierre Mouarkesh
- Director’s producer: Sarah Touma
- 1st Assistant Director: Alessandro Trovò
- Production Manager: Alessandro D’Imperio
- Set Designer: Martin Krejzlik
- Local Set Designers: Gaia De Marinis, Lorenzo Lazzari
- Stylist: Sara Jane
- Make-up: Milena Digirolamo
EDITOR: Neda Zag, Gabriele Agresta
COLORIST: George Kyriacou @Black Kite Studios, Daniel Pallucca
VIDEO POST-PRODUCTION: Hogarth WW Italy, Mathematic
AUDIO POST-PRODUCTION: Hogarth WW Italy
- Director: Danae Mauro Digital
- Photographer: Mauro Parma