To signal the arrival of Smashburger’s new Scorchin’ Hot Crispy Chicken Sandwich, creative & media AOR Partners + Napier created “Pickles,” a video developed specifically for social feed placement where spots are typically viewed with the sound off.
Rather than just accepting that reality, the team leaned into it by making the captions startling enough to grab a viewer’s attention and bring an unexpected “voice” to the chicken wars. The Smashburger’s spot was made in-house by the agency’s own Gammut Productions.
Smashburger’s Scorchin’ Hot Crispy Chicken Sandwich, inspired by Nashville Hot Chicken, is available for a limited time at nearly 200 locations in the U.S. and Canada.
AGENCY: Partners + Napier
- Rob Kottkamp: Chief Creative Officer
- Scott Allen: Creative Director/Writer
- Rob Warchol: Senior Art Director
- Matt Spaull: Director/Editor
- Park Bement: Cinematographer
- Lisa Smith: Producer
- Melissa Smith: Director, Creative Operations
- Lisa Fetkenhour: Account Director
- Julia Benson: Senior Account Executive
- Ken Walker: Associate Director, Strategy