Arguably one of 2020’s most popular pastimes, Nintendo’s “Animal Crossing: New Horizons,” has sold 14.3 million copies since its March release. The handheld game, in which users build their own virtual islands, quickly became a hit as players looked for a form of escapism while stuck indoors.
Now Skippy Peanut Butter, with the help of creative partner BBDO Minneapolis, has created a unique oasis within the game, aptly named “P.B. Aisle.” To get the word out, Skippy created a short spot, all done in Animal Crossing.
The work aligns with the brand’s latest campaign, Go To Your SKIPPY Place, which launched back in June encouraging people to take an occasional time out to go to their happy place by enjoying a peanut butter snack from the brand.
P.B. Aisle is designed to be that escape within Animal Crossing’s everyday grind. Once there, visitors can choose to explore three different escapes: a field of blue roses, an outdoor art gallery, and an orchard of bells, gold and turnips. Skippy’s P.B. Aisle has pinpointed some of the game’s greatest woes and created a dream-like escape where, for at least a moment, they no longer exist.
Along with these three main escapes, the island has been outfitted with dreamy teal and pink attractions for players to explore and enjoy. Users are encouraged to dress up in colorful custom looks and share their in-game screenshots on social. You can follow the brand on its social channels for the latest island-related updates.
P.B. Aisle is accessible to all players via a unique dream code and officially launches today, November 11.
CLIENT: SKIPPY Peanut Butter
- Marketing Director: Jennifer Nolander
- Brand Manager: Jennesa Kinscher
- Associate Brand Manager: Drew Parsons
AGENCY: BBDO Minneapolis
- Chief Creative Officer, BBDO Worldwide: David Lubars
- Executive Creative Director: Tim Mattimore
- Creative Director: David Mackereth
- Creative Director: Nathalia Resende
- Art Director: Holly Younce
- Copywriter: Olivia Boone
- Creative Technologist: Justin Mueller
- Producer: Peter McLarnan
- SVP Group Account Director: Ali Siviter
- Group Account Director: Angela Lund
- Planning Director: Theodore Schweitz
- Account Supervisor: Breanne Voeltz
- Account Executive: Jennifer Hogan