Remember the first time you measured, mixed and sipped your first glass of Nesquik chocolate milk? It was a true first taste of independence? For many kids, part of growing up is mixing their own glass of Nesquik, something they can make by themselves.
To launch a line of new and improved syrups and powders, Nesquik and McCann Canada are calling on parents of a previously unidentified age group they’re calling ‘Betweenagers.’
What’s a Betweenager? We’ve all lived it. That awkward age where you’re too old for the things you grew up with and too young for everything else. Except for Nesquik. The flavored milk, typically associated with nostalgia, is growing up too.
“Nesquik is such a nostalgic brand and it was important to us that we create a product that parents could feel good about sharing with their kids,” says Eryn Pasut, Marketing Director of Nestlé Beverages. “We loved the idea of reinforcing not just the fun of making Nesquik, but the role it plays in a kid’s burgeoning independence.”
The campaign’s tagline, “It’s All in the Making,” is a nod to the fun act of mixing the product into milk but also a deeper connection to the role Nesquik plays throughout a child’s development. Parents can feel good about sharing Nesquik with a new generation of Nesquik drinkers, as they enjoy the same great flavors with a reformulated recipe.
Nesquik syrups and powders each have new ingredients featuring no artificial flavors, colors, or sweeteners. The range is also enriched with micronutrients, including iron and vitamins A, B3 and C so parents can feel good about including it in their family’s snack time and recipes.
The multimedia TV, social and digital campaign introduces Canada to the ‘Betweenages’ and the role NESQUIK plays during this stage in their lives.
CLIENT: Nestlé Canada
AGENCY: McCann Canada
- CCO – Josh Stein
- Associate Creative Directors – Bill Schaefer, Ihar Turtsou, Amy O’Neil
- Creative Director, Design – Steven Tasker
- VP, Group Account Director – Emily MacLaurin-King
- Account Director – Theo Wolski-Davis
- CSO – Amanda Jones
- Strategists – Shereen Ladha, Josh Hansen
- Executive Producer – Jacqueline Bellmore
- Producer – Tracy Luong
PRODUCTION COMPANY: Soft Citizen
- Director – Perlorian Brothers
- Executive Producer – Rob Burns
- Line Producer – Merrie Wasson
PRODUCTION COMPANY: Rooster
- Editor – Michelle Czukar
- Assistant Editor – Sarah Carlisle
- Executive Producer – Samantha McLaren
COLOR: Alter Ego
- Colorist – Wade Odlum
- Producer – Jane Garrah
ONLINE: Fort York
- Online Artists – Andrew Rolfe
- Executive Producer – Erica Bourgault-Assaf
- Director – Vanya Drakul
- Producer – Lauren Davies
- Director: Raha
- Producer: Travis Wood
POST PRODUCTION: Craft
- Editor – Harrison Glachan
- Colorist – Joana Rodrigues
- Online Artist – Dave Giles
- Audio Engineer – Dino Cuzzolino