The rules of success have changed. It’s no longer just about getting ahead or the constant grind. It’s about prioritizing what truly matters, cutting out distractions and working hard for what fulfills you. The Lexus NX marketing campaign, called “Hustle for What Matters,” is designed to reach those with great ambition who are carving their own paths.
The new campaign, which features two spots developed by lead agency, Team One, leans heavily into the digital and streaming space in an effort to connect with this busy audience where they are most likely to engage.
With the all-new 2022 NX, Lexus has created a next-generation crossover that prioritizes what matters most to drivers. The NX ushers in the next chapter of design, innovation and performance for the brand. It offers a powertrain to fit every lifestyle and driving preference, including our new plug-in electric vehicle, the NX 450h+. The NX marks the debut of the all-new Lexus Interface multimedia system with available 14-inch touchscreen – designed for seamless connectivity and personalization.
“The all-new NX is a strong representation of the future of the Lexus brand, and this campaign helps bring that to life,” said Vinay Shahani, vice president of Lexus marketing. “Redesigned from the inside out, the NX ushers in Lexus’ next chapter with bold design, connected driving feel, intuitive technology, electrification and unmatched craftsmanship.”
The campaign’s seven broadcast spots debuted yesterday with targeted and wide-reaching creative.
“Hustle” depicts new takes on traditional rules for getting ahead and how the all-new NX prioritizes what matters for drivers. Watch below:
“Get Ahead” shows how the all-new NX helps drivers navigate daily challenges
“The NX marks the start of an exciting, new future for Lexus. The luxury crossover appeals to a new generation with new priorities. This generation isn’t afraid to work hard. But for what matters to them, personally. According to their own rules. We wanted to feel this shift and this attitude in the work,” says Amanda Abrams, Team One’s Group Creative Director of the “NX” campaign.
She adds, “Executionally, the fast-paced edit style and layered layout combined with bright, bold colors help show the duality of this younger, luxury audience – intense and driven but also optimistic. And what a fun way to say we’re no longer playing by the old rules than with the final twist to the interview scenario—as our young, female lead shows us who’s really boss.”
The fully integrated media campaign is designed to focus on what matters most to NX drivers, whether they define accomplishment as the ability to travel, taking over the esports world or leveraging technology to create better balance in their lives. Highlights include:
- Twitch: Lexus is taking aspiring Twitch creators for a ride in a Lexus NX, where they will pitch their most unique stream ideas and let fans decide which creator will be given the opportunity to make their stream idea a reality. This is Lexus’ second collaboration with the interactive livestreaming service Twitch.
- 100 Thieves: In celebration of esports and the determination required to win a championship title, Lexus will develop a graphic representation of 100 Thieves’ League of Legends Championship win leveraging gameplay data from the epic victory. This graphic will be turned into a one-of-a-kind car wrap for an exclusive, customized 100T x Lexus NX that showcases the connected features and tech-forward design of the all-new NX.
- Google: A custom, Google Cloud-streamed, AR experience brings the all-new redesigned NX to the driveways of YouTube viewers. It’s also available on Lexus.com.
- Roku: Lexus is teaming up with Roku in the largest awareness campaign ever through the OneView platform, tapping into Roku’s proprietary first-party data to maximize unique omni-channel reach to traditional pay TV.
The “Hustle for What Matters” campaign will air during primetime and sports, including the Winter Games, March Madness and NBA. In addition to broadcast, Lexus will reach audiences through social videos featuring some of the broadcast talent, radio and digital. Out-of-home media will include airports, rideshare, ski resorts and billboards.
AGENCY: Team One
- Chief Creative Officer: Chris Graves
- Group Creative Director: Amanda Abrams
- Creative Director, Creative: Philipp Dietz
- Creative Director, Copywriter: Ryan Durr
- Art Director, Creative: Claudia Chan
- Copywriter: Scott Ivener
- Managing Director: Paul Silverman
- Management Director: Joel Dons
- Group Account Director: Ben Allison
- Account Supervisor: Rachel DeLesk
- Account Executive: Morgan Turturici
- Chief Strategy Officer: Mark Miller
- Management Director: Donn Rohn
- Group Planning Director: Cliff Adams
- Director, Digital Strategy: Colin Simonds
- Associate Director, Strategic Planner: Trang Fieman
- Associate Director, Digital Strategy: Casey Chang
- Account Supervisor, Social: Colleen Carlsen
- Management Director, Media: Preston Larson
- Group Media Director: Nichole Kirsch
- Associate Media Director: Hilary Hanger
- Media Supervisor: Juan Padilla-Meja
- Media Supervisor: Lindsay Reasner
- Senior Project Manager: Julie Bedard
- Senior Project Manager: George Gallucci
- Associate Project Manager: Justin Hamblen
- Associate Director, Production: Leah Bohl
- Executive Producer: Abbey Park
- Senior Producer, Program Lead: Sarah Smith
- Associate Producer: Janae David
- Producer: Danielle Wright
- Producer, Post Production: Cody Pittard
- Print Production Department Manager: David Voliva
- Director, Business Affairs: David Peake
- Associate Director, Business Affairs: Janet Anderson