You didn’t misread the headline. Calling all mask-wearing foodies! Prepare yourselves for a lip-smacking sensory experience that Jack in the Box has created to Jack aficionados to please the nostrils all while keeping safety in mind.
The restaurant chain wants us to remember: in our current world, we can’t forget to wear our masks! In the latest campaign created by David&Goliath, Jack in the Box has launched the Chicken-Scented Face Mask to introduce Jack’s Unchicken Sandwich, the brand’s first-ever, plant-based chicken sandwich and one of the first faux chicken sandwiches in the US fast-food space.
Starting on October 23rd, fans will be able to enter a giveaway on Jack in the Box’s website for a chance to score their very own Chicken-Scented Face Mask.
The Chicken-Scented Face Mask video teaser [YT LINK HERE], which went live today, October 15th, is a hilarious montage of blind-folded, curious testers attempting to identify what food…or feeling they are smelling.
Some noted scents of “paprika,” “seasoning,” and even “happiness” and were pleasantly surprised to find that what invigorated their olfactory senses was, actually, not real food. These masks smell so tasty, one tester, well, tried to eat it. Watch below:
ALSO READ: Honda just isn’t feeling Savage anymore
“This campaign was designed as a brand piece for Jack to ingratiate himself as a purveyor of a great chicken experience—without it actually being chicken” said Lixaida Lorenzo, Group Creative Director of David&Goliath. “We are always looking for ways to add some Jack fun into people’s lives, especially during these times. So what better way of doing that than by turning something that has become an important part of our everyday reality into something that gives us a smile…even if no one can see it.”
Whether you’re a chicken aficionado or trying to eat less meat, Jack’s new Unchicken Sandwich provides the flavor and goodness chicken has to offer for both plant-eating herbivores or flexitarians alike.
Additional elements of the campaign include select influencers taking to social media to share their excitement about their new mask.
The sandwiches are available in two varieties, regular and spicy, and will be available at select locations in Monterey and Salinas, Calif., and Reno, Nev.
AGENCY: David&Goliath, LA
- Founder & Chairman: David Angelo
- Group Creative Director: Lixaida Lorenzo
- CD / Copywriter: Matt Kappler
- CD / Art Director: Sheldon Melvin
- Copywriter: Mac Mullen
- Art Director: Tucker Stosic
- Sr Print Producer: Jenny Wu
- Digital Producer: Kyle Stein
- Executive Producer: Noah Luger
- Production Coordinator: Abigail Grinberg
- Managing Director, Integrated Production & Technology: Peter Bassett
- Executive Producer: Kara Pierce
- Producer: Ann Truong
- Strategy Director: Stacey Kawahata
- Strategist: Delaney Thomson
- Comms. Planning Director: Jeff Cannata
- Managing Director: Chris Einhauser
- Account Director: Lindsay Brown
- Account Director: Richard Henderson
- Account Supervisor: Petra Pisani
- Account Supervisor: Jenavieve Cazares
- Assistant Account Executive: Katie Minie
- Director of Business and Legal Affairs: Natasha Royzina
- Business Affairs Manager: Marlon Pineda
- Business Affairs Manager: Lupe Ramos
- Project Coordinator: Tori Landin
- Project Manager: Cassandra Horne
- Associate Director of Project Management: Amy Chiang