FIJI Water today launched its new campaign chronicling the unique and pristine journey of FIJI Water: from the clouds, to rain, through rocks, into a deep artesian aquifer, and bottled at the source. Told in four installments, the story comes to life with music by 11-time Academy Award-nominated composer Hans Zimmer (Man of Steel, Perfect Storm, The Dark Knight).
Each score strings together in harmony to tell the larger story of how nature perfected this water over hundreds of years, paired with vibrant images that showcase a Fijian environment with hyperrealism.
“There are few places on this planet where you can find purity. Places where rain filters through nature in a most spectacular way and ends up being the most precious commodity that we have, which is water. That is the story I wanted to tell,” said Zimmer. “In building the music to represent this journey from scratch, I wanted it to be impressionistic, closer to my feeling of nature, my feeling of what purity is all about.”
Starting as rain born from clouds 1,600 miles from the nearest continent, that rainfall slowly filters through ancient volcanic rock, gathering the naturally occurring minerals and electrolytes that give FIJI Water its signature smooth taste and soft mouthfeel. It then collects in a sustainable ancient artesian aquifer, hundreds of feet below the surface, protected from external impurities and bottled at the source.
It’s Untouched By Man, until you unscrew the cap. This natural process gives FIJI Water double the electrolytes compared to the other two top premium bottled water brands and a perfectly balanced 7.7 pH—all the added benefits consumers are looking for in their bottled waters, with nothing added.
Inspired by the purity and naturistic elements of the FIJI Water source story, Zimmer composed four 15-second scores for FIJI Water highlighting each chapter in the water story: “Clouds,” “Rain,” “Rock,” and “Aquifer.” Watch the creative effort from the Wonderful Agency below:
“We’ve created the perfect storm through this campaign, elevated by the musical wonder of Hans Zimmer, to showcase that Earth’s Finest Water exists from a sustainable source in Fiji,” said Clarence Chia, senior vice president of marketing for FIJI Water. “We know that consumers are actively looking for electrolytes, minerals, and a balanced pH in their water, all of which nature has perfected throughout hundreds of years. This is why ‘it’s not just water, it’s FIJI Water.'”
Unveiled in the campaign is the new FIJI Water packaging. The signature hibiscus flower is enlarged for an eye-catching pop of color on store shelves and allows consumers a moment of serenity as they drink Earth’s Finest Water. The new packaging is now available nationwide on all bottle sizes, including the 330mL, 500mL, 700mL Sport Cap, 1.0L, and 1.5L.
In sharing its origin story, FIJI Water is also renewing its long-standing dedication to environmental sustainability with the introduction of its best-selling 500mL bottle made from 100% recycled PET (rPET) plastic in 2022. The 100% rPET bottle will replace the existing 500mL bottle throughout the U.S.
The campaign can be seen on YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, Linear Cable, OTT/CTV (e.g. CW, Hulu, Pluto, Tubi, etc.), as well as through a targeted consumer print and digital campaign.
CLIENT: FIJI WATER
- SVP, Marketing, eCommerce and Direct-to-Consumer: Clarence Chia
- Senior Director of Marketing: Lauren Corcia
- Brand Manager: Collin Mendez
AGENCY: Wonderful Agency, LA
- President: Michael Perdigao
- SVP, Account Services: Lori Hobson
- Chief Creative Officer: Margaret Keene
- Executive Creative Director / Art Director: Damian Claassens
- Associate Creative Director / Art Director: Matt Koulermos
- Art Director: Michelle John
- Senior Digital Designer: Ali Khan
- Associate Creative Director / Copywriter: Janna Carney
- Copywriter: Jameson Miller
- Agency Executive Producer: Jeff Yee
- Agency Producers: Sana Bawania, Nhu Phan, Ann Truong
- Senior Project Manager: Austyn Frostad
PRODUCTION/EDITORIAL/VFX: Taylor James
- Creative Director: Jay Harwood
- Executive Producer: Andrew Hall
- Producers: Yvonne Apollonio, Angelica Martinez
- Post Producer: Kate Johnson
- Colorist: Eva Pomposo
MUSIC: RCI – Hans Zimmer
SOUND DESIGN & MIX: Lime Studios
- Sound Design & Mix: Rohan Young
- Assistant Sound Engineer: Jeremy Nichols
- Executive Producer: Susie Boyajan
- Senior Producer: Kayla Phungglan
- Producer: Samantha Sotomura