DDB San Francisco has released its latest campaign for Energy Upgrade California – an organization dedicated to bringing California together to meet the state’s energy goals.
The Collectors film is a metaphor designed to draw attention to the abundance of clean energy California has to offer.
That is, except during peak hours from 4-9pm where clean energy gives way to fossil fuels to meet demand. The message, that Californians have the power to harness clean energy, is brought to life by depicting people across the state capturing solar and wind energy in their everyday lives. Watch below:
The spot, shot by lauded director Peter Thwaites, turns something as intangible as electricity into something fun, magical, and ultimately memorable. Watch below:
ALSO READ: BBDO and ServiceNow launch holiday campaign
“We wanted to remind Californians that the power to choose cleaner energy sources and prevent damage to our environment is in their hands,” said DDB San Francisco executive creative director, Ben Wolan. “It’s hard to engage people emotionally about something as mundane as their energy bill, which is why compelling storytelling was so essential for this project.”
The campaign will run from November into 2021 across broadcast, print, digital banners, radio, and in-feed across social platforms.
CLIENT: Energy Upgrade California
AGENCY: DDB San Francisco
- CHIEF CREATIVE OFFICER, DDB WORLDWIDE: Ari Weiss
- CHIEF CREATIVE OFFICER, NORTH AMERICA: Britt Nolan
- EXECUTIVE CREATIVE DIRECTOR, SAN FRANCISCO: Ben Wolan
- CREATIVE DIRECTOR: Mark Krajan
- ASSOCIATE CREATIVE DIRECTOR (ART): Aubrey Day
- ASSOCIATE CREATIVE DIRECTOR (COPY): Carlos Savage
- SENIOR COPYWRITER: Clemence Pluche
- CHIEF PRODUCTION OFFICER: Di Jackson
- AGENCY PRODUCER: Heather Bernard, Sam Petersson, Rinny Shim
- DIRECTOR OF ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT: Ty Kendig
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR: Mark Hurley
- ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE: Stevie Chu
- ACCOUNT SUPERVISOR: Ben Khan
- STRATEGY: Christian Franco, Clemency Beale-Collins
SOURCE: DDB, San Francisco