What’s better than the smell of bacon cooking? How about the SOUND of bacon cooking? It just doesn’t crackle and pop like a vinyl record. Bacon sizzles. Now, Wright Brand Bacon has taken advantage of this sonic lust and created a vinyl record out of it.
Working with Ogilvy Chicago, the brand recorded their real-wood smoked bacon sizzling and pressing it onto vinyl to create Bacon Beats. Using high-fidelity equipment, Wright Brand recorded its bacon sizzling for 19 minutes and 22 seconds (the year the brand was founded) and pressed it onto Side A.
On Side B, they interviewed Wright Brand employees at the bacon plant in Vernon, Texas.
Now that the vinyl was pressed, they sent it to TikTok Music Producers to spin original Bacon Beats, sampling the sizzle and interview soundbites. The brand then posted their pure, unadulterated sizzle on TikTok and YouTube, so others could create their own Bacon Beats. Watch or listen below:
For Record Store Day (Saturday 07/17), Wright Brand sent a handful of Bacon Beats vinyl to independent record stores across the United States for customers to find and enjoy.
CLIENT: Wright Brand Bacon
- EXECUTIVE CREATOR DIRECTOR: Dave Loew
- EXECUTIVE CREATOR DIRECTOR: Isaac Pagan
- ASSOCIATE CREATIVE DIRECTOR: Chris Petersen
- ASSOCIATE CREATIVE DIRECTOR: Seth Mollerup
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR: Arianna Coxe
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR: Kelly Jackson
- ASSOCIATE PRODUCER: Mackenzie Schumann
- ASSOCIATE STRATEGY DIRECTOR: Meg Crawford