I’ve recently been using dating apps, and let’s just get it out of the way now – I HATE them. They are like an unnecessary evil. My thumbs are pained from swiping right to only never match. I’m clearly a swipe left. And when I do match, the conversations are rarely intriguing and most of the time awkward AF. Now, creative agency Mekanism, production company 1stAveMachine and Jose Cuervo, have taken the robotic conversations a step further in our Reel Ad of the Week.
Helmed by 1stAveMachine directors Marc Reisbig and Miguel Espada, the campaign, entitled “Date More Human.” visualizes the awkwardness of first dates, especially through dating apps, by capturing an actual conversation between two robots trying to make small talk. It inspires audiences not to date like bots and make human connections with help from Jose Cuervo. Watch below:
Behind the Scenes
1stAveMachine used an AI chatbot to develop the dialogue, which was based upon icebreakers and banter from real-life experiences.
1stAveMachine’s unique collaborative approach brought together Reisbig for his comedic, yet cinematic, storytelling chops and Espada, a professor of AI at the University level with extensive experience with robots and filmmaking.
The campaign rolls out across digital and social channels and, via a paid partnership, will get distribution on the Tinder dating app.
I deleted all of my dating apps, btw. Don’t need ’em. Don’t want ’em. I want human conversation… and maybe a shot of Jose Cuervo.
CLIENT: Proximo Spirits; Jose Cuervo
- Chief Marketing Officer: Lander Otegui
- Group Brand Director: Felix Palau
- Brand Director: Alex Conison
- Executive Creative Director: David Horowitz
- Sr. Copywriter: Sharath Verghese
- Sr. Art Director: Brad Kranjec
- Director of Production and Business Affairs: Kati Haberstock
- Executive Producer: Felix Messina
- Senior Business Affairs Manager: Kourtney Luster
- Managing Director: Tor Edwards
- Group Brand Director: Jonica Reed
- Brand Director: Brad Ure
- Chief Strategy Officer, East: Ambika Pai
- Strategy Director: Asher Stamell
- Communications Strategy Director: Rachelle Avila
- Project Director: Sean Gilleylen
PRODUCTION COMPANY: 1stAveMachine
- Directors: Marc Reisbig & Miguel Espada
- Partner/Executive Producer: Sam Penfield
- Executive Producer: Peter Repplier
- Executive Producer: Kerry Smart
- Producer: Christabelle Stone
- Director of Photography: Jordan Buck