The Sopranos are having a moment. Spurred by everything from mid-pandemic Netflix binges to The Many Saints of Newark’s premiere, everyone’s favorite family has found itself at the center of the cultural zeitgeist once again amongst fans new and old. And it just so happens that Dietz & Watson has launched a new Halloween campaign inspired by Tony Soprano’s favorite snack: capicola, or gabagool.
Developed by Red Tettemer O’Connell + Partners (RTO+P, the new campaign features everything the brand has to offer in the form of a cooking show, Halloween Hosting with The Gabaghoul. In each spot, The Gabaghoul, a meat- and cheese-loving monster played by The Sopranos’ Vincent Pastore (Big Pussy), shows the world his culinary tips and tricks, each of which gets thwarted by an unexpected mishap.
In one spot, a bat flies away with one of his hotdogs, while, in another, salty snacks eerily float out of a Jack-o’-lantern. Watch the fun, directed by Format’s Michael Fagan, below:
The campaign underscores how Dietz & Watson has something for everyone, including everything you need for a spooky kooky Halloween gathering. Whether you’re serving a charcuterie platter, hot dog bites, or snacks, Dietz & Watson has tasty meat and cheese options your guests will love. The campaign launches nationally online today, October 12th, with paid social. It consists of three 30-second spots, along with other promotional assets.
Three accompanying recipes, such as a spooky charcuterie board, mummy dogs, and a snackable skeleton, appear here
CLIENT: Dietz & Watson
Marketing: Lauren Eni Canseco, Devon Diehle, Katie Atchison
AGENCY: Red Tettemer O’Connell + Partners
- Co-Chief Creative Officers: Steve Red, Steve O’Connell
- Executive Creative Director: Todd Taylor
- Creative Directors: Ari Garber, Chris Plehal
- Art Director: Michelle Maben
- Copywriters: Roman Manning, Rachel Timmerman
- Account Management: Susan Fortin Baraczek, Mitch Katz, Riley Gilbert
- Brand Strategy: Vann Madison
- Digital Strategy: Uri Weingarten, Kaitlin Gentile
- Producers: Joe Mosca, Niall Segundo
PRODUCTION COMPANY: Format
- Director: Michael Fagan
- Executive Producer: Mike Gualtieri