How does one manifest a mechanical yak and a Hanes spokesman named Hans in a single campaign? You pair up SNL Director Paul Briganti and Tony Cavalero from HBO’s Righteous Gems for Hanes’ Total Support Pouch product launch.
When the pandemic hit, Hanes’ 100-year heritage of innovation and obsession with comfort became more important than ever, especially with its core DNA being “Comfort for All.”
“Creature comforts have never been more essential. Hanes is out to make the world a more comfortable place, and that starts with people feeling more comfortable with themselves,” shares Martin Agency Strategic Planner Emily Mattice.
Getting to this moment was a two-year trek of product development that included rigorous prototyping and fit tests with focus groups of varying body types to validate and refine the design.
The result is pretty ‘effin funny and that’s why it’s our Reel Ad of the Week. Watch below:
“It’s Han’s souvenir from the two years he spent at a Buddhist monastery in Nepal,” shares Martin Senior Art Director Rushil Nadkarni in reference to the hilarious yak. “He now uses the yak to demonstrate the wholesome feeling of internal self-support.”
On March 18, Hanes launched a complementary #OvershareInYourUnderwear challenge on TikTok, which already has 3.3B views.
The challenge asks people to get in your Hanes undies, get real and give us all the deets about a time when you may have felt…too comfy. After all, we’re all friends here.
Hey, we’ve all shown somewhat stripped-down versions of ourselves in this pandemic, so why not take it all the way? The Reel 360 Team is down.
NPD Group’s Jan. 2021 reporting ranks Hanes as the #1 brand of men’s underwear, the #1 brand of male underwear and America’s #1 boxer brief brand.
- Chief Consumer Officer: Greg Hall
- President: Nadine Hall
- VP, President of Marketing at Hanesbrands: Jaye Powell
- Chief Brand Officer: Sidney Falken
- Director of Brand Marketing: Heather Hough
- Senior Marketing Manager: Jamie Wallis
AGENCY: The Martin Agency
- Chief Executive Officer: Danny Robinson
- Creative Director: John Szalay
- Copywriter: Jacob Pankey
- Senior Art Director: Rushil Nadkarni
- SVP, Executive Producer: Brett Alexander
- Producer: Arielle Blais
- Senior Business Affairs Supervisor: Suzanne Wieringo
- Financial Affairs Manager: Kevin Llewellyn
- VP, Director, Account Leadership Operations: Sandra Snead
- VP, Account Director: Elizabeth Jones
- Account Supervisor: Liesl Lipford
- Account Executive: Abbey Reddington
- Strategic Planner: Emily Mattice
PRODUCTION COMPANY: TOOL
- Director: Paul Briganti
- Executive Producer: Rob Sexton
- Producer: Taylor Bro
EDIT: Cut + Run
- Editor: Frank Effron
- Senior Producer: Jared Thomas
- Assistant Editor:Tim Sekiguchi
POST/VFX: The Mill – NY
- Executive Producer: Rochelle Brown
- Senior Producer: Luis Martin
- 2D Lead Artist and VFX Supervisor: Jade Kim
- 3D Lead Artist: Tom Bardwell
- Colorist: Fergus McCall
- 2D Artists: Kieran Hanrahan, Luke Midgely, Vi Nguyen, Marcelo Pasqualino
- 3D Artists: Todd Dufour, Cedric Menard, Greg Mawicke, Navdeep Singh
- Engineer/Mixer: Michael O’Connor
- Producer: Isaac Whalen