Booking.com’s latest research shows that more than half of LGBTQ+ travelers (53%) have had less-than-welcoming or uncomfortable experiences at a property where they were staying.
To help partners stand out as somewhere travelers can be extra sure of a welcoming stay, Booking.com has launched a dedicated badge for Proud Certified properties.
After completing an education program and making a commitment to deliver inclusive experiences, the badge will appear in the form of a rainbow suitcase on the property page, visible to travelers globally.
The multi-film Travel Proud campaign underscores the importance of understanding LGBTQ+ travelers’ needs in order to provide an inclusive stay for everyone, with dedicated Rainbow Suitcase badges for Proud Certified properties showing that Booking.com filter places, not people. Watch below:
The production cast talent from across Portugal, Spain and the Netherlands to ensure truly diverse and authentic representation. Clara engaged in multiple rounds of call backs, interviewing the cast so that the resulting campaign captured the message that carefree travel should be accessible to everyone.
Initially rolling out in cities across The Netherlands, Germany and the UK, the program has since expanded to encompass partners in the United States, Canada, France, Australia and New Zealand.
- Manager Brand Communications: Diana Marcela Agudelo Hernandez
- Global Brand Producer: Ian Kennely
- Global Brand Producer: Nicole Olwegen
- Global Brand Creative Manager: Tatjana Obenaus
PRODUCTION COMPANY: RSA Films
- Director: Clara Tägtström
- Executive Producer: Pavel Ananich
- Producer: Annemien Lijfering
- Production Manager: Frank Coenen
- Line Producer / Portugal: Niklas Murray
- DOP: Andre Szankowski
- Line Producer / Portugal: Niklas Murray (Smile)
- Producer (Smile): Marla Santos
- Production Manager (Smile): Pedro Louro
- 1st AC: Antonio Ribeiro
- Gaffer: Paulo Alves Joca
- AD: Nelson Simões Santos
- Production Design: Tamara Pérez Duran
- Styling: Joyce Doret
- Hair & Makeup: António Carreteiro
- Offline Editor: Rigel Kilston
- Online/VFX: James Mortner
- Colourist: Jonny Tully
- Post: Smoke & Mirrors
- Post Producer: Lonneke Bertens
SOUND: Wave Studios Amsterdam
- Sound Design & Mixing: Juan Pablo Thummler
- Sound Producer: Mandy Kruisselbrink
PHOTOGRAPHER: Diego Fontecilla
CAST: Arantxa, Kanea, Sergio, The Lake family