Progressive Insurance and creative agency Arnold Worldwide have been settling arguments this football season with their Replay campaign.
In the third spot, “Cat,” launching 10/24, a couple wakes up to a cat licking the fruit bowl on their kitchen table. Why? Don’t ask them — they don’t have a cat.
As the couple bickers over whether the sliding door was closed the night before, the challenge flag is thrown and Progressive comes to the rescue with the official replay. With the help of Progressive, their questions are answered as one of the partners – who swore he closed the door – is caught on camera leaving it open. Watch below:
“Every spot in this campaign features a totally absurd moment at the center of it – a replay official inexplicably shuffles into these people’s kitchen and shows them playback of whatever they’ve been arguing about. It’s totally bananas. And yet somehow a campaign with that nutso device at the center of it manages to capture human interactions with real truth and insight. To me, that’s why the campaign has been successful so far. We’ve managed to capture portraits of human interactions that feel familiar and true, and plop an unexpected and unforgettable device square in the middle. So far its proving to be a pretty lethal combination,” shared Sean McBride, CCO, Arnold.
The spot is currently running.
- Tricia Griffith, President & CEO
- Remi Kent, Chief Marketing Officer
- Meghan Walsh, Business Leader of Creative Management
- Jeanine Delsanter, Marketing Manager
- Loretta Czarnomski, Marketing Specialist
- Andrew J Christopher, Marketing Specialist
AGENCY: Arnold Worldwide
- Sean McBride, Chief Creative Officer
- Gregg Nelson, SVP Group Creative Director
- Michael Sullivan, SVP Group Creative Director
- Tori Young, Senior Copywriter
- Danny Hughes, Art Director
- Sean Vernaglia, SVP Executive Producer
- Camara Price, SVP Director of Business Affairs
- Val Bettini, Chief Client Officer
- Victoria Parchment, SVP Marketing Director
- Jordan Colleran, VP Marketing Director
- Eric Rubino, Assoc. Director of Project Management
- Catherine Sheehan, EVP Brand Strategy Director
PRODUCTION COMPANY: O Positive
- David Shane & Miranda Haymon, Director
- Charlie Sarroff, Director of Photography
- Ralph Laucella, Executive Producer
- Marc Grill, Executive Producer
- Jason Reda, Line Producer
EDIT: Cosmo Street Editorial
- Anne Lai, Head of Production
- Aaron Langley, Editor