The One Club for Creativity, the world’s foremost non-profit organization recognizing creative excellence in advertising and design, announced the diverse jury of 79 top creatives from 32 countries for the global Young Guns 18, celebrating creative professionals age 30 or younger.
Young Guns is the industry’s only global, cross-disciplinary, portfolio-based awards competition that identifies and celebrates today’s vanguard of young creatives.
The program is open to creatives age 30 and under who have been working for at least two years, full-time or freelance, and regularly attracts entries from upwards of 45 countries.
A sampling of this year’s diverse Young Guns 18 jury, some of whom are past YG winners, includes:
- Ferdi Alici, director/founder, Ouchhh Studio, Istanbul
- Tasneem Alsultan, photographer, Riyadh
- Yani Arabena, CD//type designer/co-founder, Yani&Guille, Buenos Aires
- Shar Biggers, founder/CD, Provoke Design, New York
- Ashwin Chacko, illustrator/designer, Dublin
- Chris Cheung, artist at honhim, CD/artistic director, XCEPT and XCEED, Hong Kong (YG11)
- Yuin Chien, principal, Yuin Chien Studio, San Francisco
- Wayne Deakin, ECD, EMEA, Huge, London
- Clem Devine, brand design lead, JASMAX, Auckland (YG9)
- June Digan, designer/Illustrator, Manila
- Júlia Esqué, product designer, Barcelona
- Mah Ferraz, film editor, New York (YG17)
- Genie Gurnani, ECD, Virtue Worldwide, Singapore
- Nessim Higson, ECD, WeTransfer, Amsterdam (YG5)
- Ohni Lisle, illustrator, Brooklyn (YG14)
- Hira Mohibullah, ECD, BBDO Pakistan, Lahore
- Justice Mukheli, artist/filmmaker/photographer, Johannesburg
- Max Ngari, ECD, Isobar, Nairobi
- Gemma O’Brien, artist/designer, Sydney (YG13)
- Anh Tuan Pham, founder/principal, For Office Use Only, New York (YG4)
- Brandon Drew Jordan Pierce, VP/ECD, Hulu, Los Angeles
- Jade Purple Brown, artist, New York
- Brandon Rochon, managing CCO, Kastner, Los Angeles
- Katalina Silva, CD, Enigma Creative, Tijuana
- Maartje Slijpen, art director, KesselsKramer, creative partner, MaartjeMerel, Amsterdam
- Eisuke Tachikawa, CD/design strategist, NOSIGNER, Kanagawa (YG7)
- Anny Wang, co-founder/designer, Wang & Söderström, Copenhagen
- Loveis Wise, illustrator, Los Angeles
- Yah-Leng Yu, CD/principal, Foreign Policy Design Group, Singapore
Eligible entrants can submit a combination of professional and personal work in graphic design; advertising art direction and copywriting; architectural, environmental and interior design; industrial and product design; digital (UX/UI, experiential design, interactive, web design, apps, game development): film and animation (motion design, television, video); fashion; typography and lettering; illustration and photography.
All Young Guns winners will receive a unique version of the iconic Young Guns Cube, designed exclusively for this year’s incoming class, and have their permanent profile page added to the Young Guns website.
Winners also receive a complimentary one-year One Club for Creativity membership, permanent membership in the Young Guns network, a chance to be featured in Young Guns events and an assortment of career-boosting opportunities from Young Guns sponsors.
Levine/Leavitt Artist in Residence Award
For the seventh consecutive year, international artists management agency and Young Guns sponsor Levine/Leavitt will bestow one talented winner with the Artist In ResidenceAward.
The honor is presented annually to a newly crowned Young Gun whose body of work truly stands out, as judged by an advisory board of industry professionals across a range of disciplines. The winner receives a full year of professional development, guidance and mentorship from Levine/Leavitt to help advance their career.
“We are so excited to be participating in the Young Guns program once again,” said Liz Leavitt, co-founder, Levine/Leavitt, New York and Los Angeles. “The level of talent amongst the winners each year is outstanding, and we’re honored to help guide the careers of young creatives.”
Program branding and design of the Cube award itself is recreated each year by a past Young Gun winner. This year’s YG18 branding and award are designed by CONTINO, New York, founded by creative director and YG9 winner Jon Contino.
The online entry system is open, with the reduced-fee early deadline of July 10th, 2020 and final deadline of July 24th, 2020. Winners will be announced in the fall.
The complete list of Young Guns 18 judges can be viewed here.
SOURCE: The One Club