We are going back in time. 200 years before the fall of the Iron Throne to be exact. HBO has released the first official teaser for its upcoming drama series, House of the Dragon. The teaser was first unveiled as part of yesterday’s HBO Max Europe launch event.
Based on author George R.R. Martin’s Fire & Blood, the series, which is set before the events of Game of Thrones, tells the story of House Targaryen.
In the teaser which doesn’t reveal much, we see our first official footage of Wil Johnson as Ser Vaemond Velaryon (younger brother to Coryls Velaryon and commander in the Velaryon navy), John Macmillan as Ser Laenor Velaryon (son of Corlys Velaryon and Rhaenys Targaryen), Savannah Steyn as Lady Laena Velayron (daughter of Corlys Velaryon and Rhaenys Targaryen), and Theo Nate as Ser Laenor Velaryon (son of Corlys Velaryon and Rhaenys Targaryen). Watch below:
Whether fans will return to Westeros remains to be seen. Many are still fuming about the finale Game of Thrones season and especially the finale. There is no premiere date set for House of Dragons, but we will assume sometime in the middle of 2022.
- Co-Creator/Executive Producer, George R.R. Martin
- Co-Creator/Co-Showrunner/ Executive Producer/Writer, Ryan Condal
- Co-Showrunner/Director of pilot and additional episodes/Executive Producer, Miguel Sapochnik
- Executive Producers, Vince Gerardis, Ron Schmid
- Executive Producer/Writer, Sara Hess
- Directors Clare Kilner, Geeta V. Patel
- Director/Co-Executive Producer, Greg Yaitanes.
- Based on George R.R. Martin’s Fire & Blood.