An expert on both outdoor attire, equipment and recreation, L.L. Bean believes in the power of fresh air and getting outside, regardless of where “outside” is.
The Greater Good Science Center supports this notion, and interest in being outside has grown by 20% over the course of the past year. With that notion in mind, the iconic American retailer has partnered with L.L. Bean for the first OOH campaign.
New AOR, Doner created the new campaign, “Be An Outsider in the City,” which celebrates the simple moments spend outside in the city and highlighting the benefits of experiencing the fresh air.
The campaign reaches city-dwellers through a variety of disruptive advertising assets, including building projections, sidewalk stencils, and custom branded benches.
Situated in strategic, contextually relevant locations, each element highlights the many benefits of spending more time outdoors – in any capacity. Take a look below:
The effort also highlights two long-term L.L.Bean partners. It spotlights The National Park Foundation by offering guidance on opportunities to experience parks within cities and The Trust for Public Land by sharing stories of park projects both partnered on over the past several years.
This campaign also launches in tandem with the brand’s newest partnership with the Boys and Girls Club of America; L.L. Bean will help the organization build an outdoor curriculum, bringing team-building and leadership development activities to select clubs through their Outdoor Discovery Programs.
The retailer recently published a 2020 year in review on its site, which speaks to L.L. Bean giving impact and more.
The campaign will run across organic social with influencer and brand partnership content, a dedicated campaign website, and email communications, with all OOH elements appearing in Boston and Chicago starting today.
CLIENT: L.L. Bean
- Kathryn Pratt, Director of Brand Engagement
- Michele Martin, Senior Manager, Brand Amplification
- Jeb Blatt, Chief Growth Officer
- Jason Gaboriau, CCO
- Lauren Prince, President
- Perry Cottrell, SVP Director of Client Service
- Sara Schwartz, SVP Brand Leader
- Eddie Moraga, VP Strategy
- Mallory Hern, Associate Design Director
- Ryan Sims, ACD
- Lauren Geschke, ACD
- Hana Jeon, Senior Designer
- Alex Gunderson, Art Director
- Katie Stone, Copywriter
- Sarah Elise Schwartz, Account Executive
- Julian Smith, Director of Digital Production
- Scott McDonald, Digital Producer
- Ron Sheffield, SVP, Director Print & Digital Services
- Kathryn Lyons-Urbanek, Art Production Supervisor
- Doug Thomson, Integrated Production Print Supervisor
- Matt Sommerfield – Retouching Studio Supervisor
- Tyler Osgood – Retoucher
- Greg Parsons, Production Designer
- Paul Brown, Proofreader
- Sharon Remington, Proofreader
- Lauren Barbara, Partner
- Sarah Podziomek, VP Associate Director