All finalists will be awarded a Gold, Silver, Bronze Pencil or Merit at this year’s One Show, to be announced on June 10 during the online Creative Week 2021.
Droga5 New York leads the way with 44 finalists entries. Fourteen of the agency’s finalists are for Facebook, including nine for “Never Lost” and four for “Born in Quarantine.” Eight of the finalists are for “Maurice and the Black Bear School” on behalf of Hennessy, and five are for The New York Times “Life Needs Truth”.
FCB Chicago has 35 finalists, including 16 for City of Chicago “Boards of Change” and 12 for Michelob ULTRA “Contract for Change.” DDB Chicago collected 30 finalists, including 21 for Miller Lite work: 13 for “Farewell, Work Holiday Parties” and four each for “Calorie Burning URL” and ‘Cantenna’.
AMVBBDO London has 29 finalists, with 20 coming on behalf of client Essity Bodyform-Libresse including 11 for “#wombstories” and six for “#wombpainstories”. TBWA\Media Arts Lab Los Angeles also has 29 finalists, all for Apple, including 17 for “Shot on iPhone by Damien Chazelle–Vertical Cinema”.
Woojer in Israel, in collaboration with Area 23 New York and Claire’s Place Foundation Redondo Beach, has The One Show 2021 entry with the most finalists: 27 for “Sick Beats.” FCB New York also has 27 finalists, all but one of them for “Michelob ULTRA Courtside” for Michelob ULTRA with Microsoft and the NBA.
In the lead up to the awards ceremony, The One Club will announce all Best of Discipline winners for The One Show 2021 on June 1. Members of creative teams responsible for a select group of top winners will discuss the work with jury members in live streaming sessions on June 10.
About Creative Week 2021
Under the banner “Connect. Provoke. Inspire.,” Creative Week 2021 will include The One Show 2021, historic ADC 100th Annual Awards, Young Ones Student Awards and Type Directors Club special awards ceremonies, dozens of general programming panels and workshops across Awards, Agency, Main and Education Stages, and premium events on the VIP Stage including the Executive Creative Summit for agency principals and a day-long Creative unConference.
In addition to the awards and VIP events, other general session highlights of Creative Week 2021 are:
– Five sessions hosted by leading interactive entertainment company Epic Games on how game technology is empowering creators and redefining pipelines for VFX, filmmaking, interactive experiences and more;
– Health Pharm with McCann Health, examining everything a creative needs to know about health care advertising;
– Global Media Talks, where top ad publications in 10 countries and regions host a week-long series of panels with leading creatives in their market to discuss creative trends;
– Sessions on important Inclusion & Diversity and Gender Equality topics;
– Virtual visits to offices of some of the industry’s hottest advertising and design agencies;
– Educators Summit and student programming, including portfolio reviews and agency recruiting sessions for students.
Registration and ticketing for Creative Week 2021 is now open, with three tiers of pricing by region to make the festival more affordable. Content on the Awards Stage, including all One Show, ADC 100th, Young Ones and TDC special awards ceremonies, is free.
The complete list of finalists for The One Show 2021 can be downloaded here.