The National Academy of Television Arts & Sciences (NATAS) tonight announced the winners of the 48th Annual Daytime Emmy Awards broadcast on the CBS Television Network and Paramount+. The presentation was hosted by Sheryl Underwood of the CBS Daytime Emmy Award-winning show The Talk.
“Tonight, we honor the Daytime community for helping us find our way through the turbulence of the pandemic, increased racial unrest and the chaos of the presidential election as America faced one of its most trying years in our history,” said Adam Sharp, President & CEO, NATAS. “This evening celebrated not only the best programming and performances of this year, but reflected on some of Daytime’s biggest icons that have left an indelible mark on our medium.”
In addition to Underwood, presenters and others who appeared included Dr. Jennifer Ashton, Amy Roback, T.J. Holmes (GMA3: What You Need to Know), Drew Barrymore (The Drew Barrymore Show), Nate Burleson (CBS Sports/EXTRA), Giada De Laurentiis (Giada at Home), Gloria Estefan (Red Table Talk: The Estefans), Kevin Frazier and Nischelle Turner (Entertainment Tonight), Deidre Hall (Days of Our Lives), Tamron Hall (Tamron Hall), Jackée Harry and Robert Scott Wilson (Days of Our Lives), Bryton James and Brytni Sarpy (The Young and the Restless), Sean Kanan (Studio City), Rachel Lindsay (Extra), Mario Lopez (Access Hollywood), Jacqueline MacInnes Wood and Tanner Novlan (The Bold and the Beautiful), Kelly Ripa and Ryan Seacrest (Live with Kelly and Ryan), Al Roker (The Today Show), Michelle Stafford (The Young and the Restless), Heather Tom (The Bold and the Beautiful), Kelly Thiebaud, Donnell Turner and Cynthia Watros (General Hospital).
Others appearing in special segments were Kathie Lee Gifford, Ken Jeong, Robin Roberts, Martha Stewart, and surprise guest appearances by Prime Minister Justin Trudeau and First Lady Dr. Jill Biden.
During the two-hour broadcast, there were also tributes to Larry King, Regis Philbin and Alex Trebek as Diamond White (The Bold and the Beautiful) sang the original composition for the “In Memoriam” segment.
Twenty-two Daytime Emmy categories including Outstanding Drama Series, Outstanding Morning Show, Outstanding Culinary Host, Outstanding Entertainment Talk Show, Outstanding Actor and Actress in a Drama Series, plus many more were presented on the CBS broadcast.
The Daytime Emmy winners are below:
- Outstanding Drama Series: General Hospital (ABC)
- Outstanding Limited Drama Series: Studio City (Amazon Prime Video)
- Outstanding Game Show: Jeopardy (Syndicated)
- Outstanding Legal/Courtroom Program: The People’s Court (Syndicated)
- Outstanding Morning Show: CBS Sunday Morning (CBS)
- Outstanding Informative Talk Show: Red Table Talk (Facebook Watch)
- Outstanding Entertainment Talk Show: The Kelly Clarkson Show (Syndicated)
- Outstanding Entertainment News Program: Entertainment Tonight (Syndicated) – They gave the best acceptance speech, too!
- Outstanding Daytime Special Event: Space Launch Live: America Returns to Space (Discovery and Science Channel)
- Outstanding Daytime Non-Fiction Special: Creators for Change on Girls’ Education With Michelle Obama (YouTube Originals)
- Outstanding Performance by a Lead Actress in a Drama Series: Jacqueline McInnes Wood as Steffy Forrester, The Bold and the Beautiful (CBS)
- Outstanding Performance by a Lead Actor in a Drama Series: Maurice Benard as Sonny Corinthos, General Hospital (ABC)
- Outstanding Performance by a Supporting Actress in a Drama Series: Marla Adams as Dina Mergeron, The Young and the Restless (CBS)
- Outstanding Performance by a Supporting Actor in a Drama Series: Max Gail as Mike Corbin, General Hospital (ABC)
- Outstanding Younger Performer in a Drama Series: Victoria Konefal as Ciara Brady, Days of Our Lives (NBC)
- Outstanding Guest Performer in a Drama Series: Cady McClain as Jennifer Horton-Devereaux, Days of Our Lives (NBC)
- Outstanding Culinary Host: Ina Garten, Barefoot Contessa: Cook Like a Pro (Food Network)
- Outstanding Game Show Host: The late Alex Trebek, Jeopardy (Syndicated) – His kids Matt and Emily accepted his Emmy.
- Outstanding Informative Talk Show Host: The late Larry King, Larry King Now (Ora TV) – His sons Chance and Cannon accepted his Emmy.
- Outstanding Entertainment Talk Show Host: Kelly Clarkson, The Kelly Clarkson Show (Syndicated)
- Outstanding Writing Team for a Drama Series: The Young and the Restless (CBS)
- Outstanding Directing Team for a Drama Series: General Hospital (ABC)
Many additional categories and winners were announced prior to the show on social media including Outstanding Makeup, Outstanding Hairstyling, Outstanding Costume Design and many more.
Nominees for both the Daytime Emmy Awards Children’s Programming & Animation and the Daytime Emmy Awards Lifestyle Programming categories will be announced on Monday, June 28th, 2021 at 12 pm ET/9 am PT.