Lionel Goldstein, the directing duo consisting of Koen Mortier and Joe Vanhoutteghem, the founders of Czar Brussels, has once again won a Golden Lion for Best Film at the Cannes International Advertising Festival.
‘Eternal Pregnancy’ for Equal Pay Day and made with agency Mortierbrigade, received the high distinction in the ‘Film’ category at the prestigious advertising festival in Cannes today.
Equal Pay Day is a symbolic day dedicated to raising awareness of the gender pay gap. This year the message was that as a woman, you should not have to wait until retirement to give birth. Lionel translated this message, in his well-known humor, into a film where a woman stays pregnant until she retires only to give birth to a grown man. Watch below:
With this latest win, Lionel Goldstein now has a total of four Golden Lions. The directing duo, consisting of Koen Mortier and Joe Vanhoutteghem, founders of Czar Brussels, have been receiving international recognition since they first gave birth (pun intended) to Lionel in the early 2000s. He previously won with his work for Frisk in 2002 and for Xbox ‘Ear Tennis’ in 2003.
The latter won the Grand Prix at Eurobest in addition to a Golden Lion at Cannes. With Braille, his film for Dexia, and made with Duval Guillaume in 2005, he won Belgium their very first lion at Cannes. Since then, Lionel Goldstein has been racking up the awards and he has been delivering creative and award-winning work for almost 20 years.
Since its inception, the production company Czar has tried to stick to the principle of defending their directors in their approach and to continue to do everything possible from a production point of view.
CLIENT: Zij-kant/ Equal Pay Day
Client Contact: Vera Claes
- Partner & CO: Jens Mortier
- Partner and Executive Creative Director: Joost Berends
- Partner and Brand Design Director: Philippe De Ceuster
- Creatives: Nicolas Gaspart & Frédéric Zouag & Lionel Goldstein
- Head of Production: Charlotte Coddens
- Strategy: Dorien Mathijssen
- PR Manager: Anne-Cécile Collignon
PRODUCTION COMPANY: Czar.be
- Director: Lionel Goldstein
- Executive Producer: Eurydice Gysel
- Producers: Lander Engels, Maarten De Sutter, Nele Carlier
- DOP: Grimm Vandekerckhove
- Art Direction: Tanker
- Editor: Olivier Lambrechts
- Post-Production: Czar
- Post Producer: Bieke De Keersmaecker
- Grading: Olivier Ogneux
- Online: Stijn Van Assche
- Music: ‘Pregnant Women are Smug’ by Garfunkel & Oates