Seven of Allen’s Global Television Networks begin a multi-year distribution deal with Emirates Integrated Telecommunications Company’s Du platform. The distribution deal was facilitated by SAWA Rights Management.
Byron Allen’s Allen Media Group division Entertainment Studios, announced that seven of its global television networks now receive distribution in the United Arab Emirates on the du telecom platform, from Emirates Integrated Telecommunications Company. The distribution deal was facilitated by SAWA Rights Management.
Entertainment Studios is one of the largest independent producers and distributors of film and television with 64 shows on the air and owner of 15 U.S. Big-Four network affiliate broadcast television stations and nine 24-hour HD television networks serving nearly 160 million subscribers — including The Weather Channel television network and its AVOD free streaming service Local Now.
This first deal between Entertainment Studios Networks and SAWA Rights Management is part of an overall arrangement that will soon extend to other Middle East nations, including: Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Lebanon, Jordan, Iraq, Bahrain, Kuwait, Egypt, Tunis, Algeria, Morocco, and their respective territories, possessions, and commonwealths. Allen’s lifestyle networks add thousands of hours of entertaining content that is culturally friendly across the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region. Focusing on travel, automotive, culinary, pets, comedy, celebrity entertainment, and courtroom drama, Entertainment Studios Networks delivers family-friendly programming that advertisers find compelling for their brands. The du platform is one of the two telecom operators in the United Arab Emirates. The company offers its customers fixed and mobile services, internet, digital television, and smart home services.
“The international demand for American content is a multi-billion dollar marketplace,” said Tom Devlin, President of International Television Sales/Marketing for Entertainment Studios. “We are excited to bring our portfolio of family-friendly lifestyle networks and programming to the Middle East and North Africa television markets for the first time as we continue to expand our network brands worldwide.”
The portfolio of seven Entertainment Studios Networks 24-hour HD global networks include:
- Cars.TV – This Emmy Award-winning and adrenaline-pumping network showcases the collectors, designers, innovators, and the ultimate car enthusiasts!
- Comedy.TV – A network dedicated to today’s funniest comedians, featuring a mix of live concert performances, talk and variety shows, sitcoms and movies.
- ES.TV – A network dedicated to entertainment news, variety shows, celebrity profiles and today’s hottest superstars.
- MyDestination.TV – A network dedicated to the best in travel featuring fun, exciting, exotic must-see destinations around the world.
- Pets.TV – A network dedicated to pet lovers everywhere. PETS.TV celebrates the pets we love and the people who love them. Pet News, Pet Care, Pet Health and Pet Lifestyles!
- Recipe.TV – An Emmy Award-nominated network dedicated to famous chefs, amazing recipes, and delicious cuisine from around the world.
- Justice Central.TV – A network dedicated to Emmy Award-winning Judges and Emmy Award-nominated court shows, legal news, and the world’s biggest trials.