Today, BACARDĺ Rum announced a recent clever “hack” of the new, shareable Spotify Canvas video function for the world’s most awarded rum brand’s latest Conga track, featuring Meek Mill, Leslie Grace, produced by Boi-1da.
Originally by Gloria Estefan and Miami Sound Machine, the reimagined Conga track from BACARDÍ and this cast of collaborators is the first and only official remake of the iconic Latin dance classic in 30 years.
Working in tandem with Sony Music Latin and our friends at BBDO New York, BACARDĺ is rewarding fans’ self-expression and channeling their collective energy in the latest social hijack by showcasing some of the best UGC and influencer dance videos, plus some never-before-seen submissions, through the Spotify Canvas function.
Typically reserved as a platform for artists to engage with listeners, BACARDĺ is helping fans that submitted UGC dance moves for Conga to make this moment of fame a reality by giving them the chance to see themselves onscreen through the Spotify Canvas function.
The UGC was collected during the first phase of the Conga Feat. You campaign that launched in November 2020, with select consumer and influencer submissions being incorporated into the official Conga music video that premiered in January 2021.
REELated: Popeyes: Launches first-ever loyalty program
This content is now getting new life as repurposed and recut eight-second looping video montages, which first dropped through the Spotify Canvas function on World Music Day on June 21.
Mirroring the look and feel of the official music video and exclusively available for viewing when the Conga track is streamed on the Spotify mobile app, the second and third montages premiered around Fourth of July weekend and National Mojito Day on July 11, with the latter currently live for viewing.
Featuring dance moves from the likes of influencers @itsjustnife, @arthinachiappan, and @itspac_, the Spotify Canvas montage videos not only give everyday people and influencers a level of star exposure on the app, but it is also intended to encourage BACARDĺ fans and followers to stream the track and official music video during any summertime celebration.
- John Burke: Chief Marketing Officer
- Ned Duggan: Global SVP Marketing
- Laila Mignoni: Global Head of Brand Marketing
- Avril Nunez – Global Creative Development Manager
- David Lubars: Chief Creative Officer, BBDO Worldwide
- Alex Booker: Executive Creative Director
- Philip Sicklinger: Executive Creative Director
- Taylor Marsh: Creative Director
- Marjorie Vardo: Associate Creative Director
- Andrew Nam Chul Osborne: Head of Content Operations
- Tatiana Lainer: Producer
- Kathleen Bannon: VP, Business Affairs
- Steven Panariello: Managing Director
- Aimee Chimera: Account Manager
- Clare McGough: Senior Social Manager
- Zach Kula: VP, Strategy Director
Production Company: BBDO Studios
- Designer – Jayden Becker
- Senior Post Producer – Allie Kolb
- Post Producer – Morgan Ammons