Dubai Tourism is launching the second blockbuster trailer as part of its latest global campaign, Dubai Presents… featuring superstars Jessica Alba and Zac Efron.
Building on the popular appeal of the Romantic Comedy genre, the ‘RomCom’ comes just days after the campaign was launched with the high octane Spy Action genre. Dubai Presents – filmed by Director’s Guild award-winning director Craig Gillespie (I-Tonya, Cruella) takes a unique perspective to global destination advertising, using a highly stylized and cinematic lens to create engaging content, backdropped by some of Dubai’s most iconic locations.
The latest film, created and developed by Mother, features Alba and Efron as they journey through the city on two very contrasting itineraries designed by a star-crossed couple who are destined to cross paths.
Dubai Presents ‘RomCom’ trailer features renowned attractions – from the architectural marvels of the historic Al Fahidi neighborhoods, quirky boutiques and Creekside cafes in Al Seef to the serene expanse of the desert and a traditional desert camp, expanding on the city’s appeal as a popular destination for couples with varied tastes and interests.
Complete with an orchestral film score, the ‘RomCom’ uses light-hearted humor and breathtaking cinematography to showcase the best of the city’s bespoke offerings for romantic getaways.
From a magical night under the desert sky to idyllic fine dining to stays at boutique hotels and exploring hidden gems in the heart of the city, the latest video in the Dubai Presents series invites couples to explore enchanting moments in Dubai. Watch below:
The 360 campaign has also shared its first look at the out of home:
CLIENT: Dubai Tourism
PRODUCTION COMPANY: MJZ
- DIRECTOR: Craig Gillespie
- D.O.P: Nicolas Karakatsanis
- PRODUCER: Martha Davis
OVERSEAS PRODUCTION COMPANY: Stoked
EDITORS: Shane Reid, Nick Gilberg, Will Butler and Brendan Jenkins (Ten Three)
POST HOUSE: Electric Theatre Collective
- POST PRODUCER: Jon Purton
- PRODUCTION COORDINATOR: Emma Hughes
- VFX SUPERVISOR: Ryan Knowles
- VFX LEADS: Sarah Crux, Ally Burnett, Ruben Llusia, Hani AlYousif
- VFX ARTISTS: Alberto Pizzocchero, Daniel Brewster, Adam Woolrich, Ludvig Hallenius, Christian Block, Doruk Saglam, Kia Coates Stirling Archibald , Thiago Vilas Boas, Heather Costa, Will Medcalf, Tane Welham, Chris Fraser, Kieran Jordan, Oscar Tornincasa, Julie Cruette, Luke Butler, Dave Birkill, Gareth Williams, Adam Darrah
SOUND ENGINEERS: Sam Ashwell (lead), Jeff Smith, Tom Joyce, Mike Bovil and Jake Ashwell
MUSIC COMPANY: duotone audio group
- CREATIVE DIRECTOR/FOUNDER: Peter Nashel
- COMPOSER: Peter Nashel
- EXECUTIVE MUSIC PRODUCER: Ross Hopman
- SENIOR MUSIC PRODUCER: Giovonni Lobato