After selling its post-production color finishing service to Streamland Media last week, Technicolor today has rebooted itself as Technicolor Creative Studios, forming a collaborative global structure to drive innovation and creativity across its family of studios.
As the company’s flagship division, it focuses on the transformation of the entertainment, experiential and advertising industries, maintaining Technicolor’s position as the No. 1 VFX partner in Hollywood. The robust studio network includes The Mill, MPC (Film, Episodic & Advertising), Mikros Animation and Mr. X.
Each award-winning studio retains its own unique identity and market position, continuing to provide world-class services to clients and partners across many industry categories.
The combined strength of Technicolor Creative Studios harnesses the collective experience and discoveries of each member of the studio family, expanding artistic capabilities and propelling the possibilities to greater heights, from VFX, XR and animation to design, direction and production.
The newly organized division has a new leadership team led by Christian Roberton, President of Technicolor Creative Studios, who reports to Technicolor CEO Richard Moat and has been a key senior management team member supporting Technicolor’s broad reorganization. Christian’s team includes:
- – David Patton, President of Customer Experience & Advertising
- – Andrea Miloro, President of Mikros Animation
- – Tom Williams – Global Managing Director, MPC Episodic
- – Laura Fitzpatrick, Global Managing Director, Mr. X
- – Philip Greenlow, Global Managing Director of MPC Film
- – Mark Benson, CEO of MPC Advertising
- – Josh Mandel, CEO of The Mill
“By working together to share best practices and discoveries, Technicolor Creative Studios will push the boundaries of creativity and innovation more than ever before and make possible the realization of ambitious and extraordinary ideas,” said Roberton.
“The formation of Technicolor Creative Studios is the result of a series of transformation initiatives begun over a year ago designed to facilitate collaboration, integrate technology, enable increased artistry and unleash top talent. These steps have proven to be incredibly effective as they’ve maintained the top quality of content produced despite the challenges of COVID-19. We are better positioned than ever to further invest in new technology platforms, facilitate a broader creative offering and meet the changing needs of our clients, partners and collaborators,” he added.
Today, Technicolor Creative Studios is the No. 1 provider of VFX to Hollywood studios, content producers and Super Bowl advertisers (including AdMeter’s top three Super Bowl ads in 2021).
The division brings together the world’s most creative minds – supported by integrated global operations, an unrivaled talent pool and the largest family of multi-discipline studios across the world with offices in Los Angeles, Paris, Amsterdam, Berlin, London, New York, Toronto, Montreal, Chicago, Shanghai, Bangalore and Adelaide.
The company provides premium, high-quality production services to clients within the entertainment, fashion, automotive and other prominent industries.
Technicolor Creative Studios’ new proposition – “Beyond Imagination” – comes from a desire to spark unparalleled creativity, pushing the boundaries of the imagination to bring groundbreaking and unforgettable ideas to life.
There is a shared hunger and ambition between studio talent and their clients to push capabilities and technology to the limit, creating new, never-before-seen experiences that audiences will never forget.
The division’s creative legacy, reputation for excellence, and drive for innovation allow clients and partners the confidence to think freely, without the constraints of technical possibilities, and inspire them to produce their most iconic work.
“Christian is a recognized visionary in the VFX community and uniquely qualified to implement the vision for Technicolor Creative Studios and our global artist community,” noted Moat. “We have assembled a world-class management team to support the group’s ambitious roadmap. Technicolor Creative Studios and our ‘Beyond Imagination’ message are based on the simple idea that absolutely anything is possible. No idea is too complicated for us to produce to an incredibly high standard, and everyone at Technicolor Creative Studios embraces this belief.”
The Technicolor Creative Studios “Beyond Imagination” proposition offers Technicolor partners & clients the combined force of:
- Innovation – Across its family of studios, Technicolor is a leader in virtual production, whether that be through live on-set visual effects for the film and episodic industries or live interactive animation that brings brand mascots to life for advertising and marketing clients. In addition to their command of pioneering game-engine technology that powers virtual production across linear film, the brand services arm of Technicolor Creative Studios is making groundbreaking leaps forward in the immersive and interactive experiential marketing space, using virtual, augmented and mixed reality to evolve brand experiences.
- Talent & Technology – Under the Technicolor Creative Studios umbrella, Technicolor partners have access to an interdisciplinary pool of talent across all divisions. With over 2,000 artists, designers, directors and creative technicians from across the world, partners of Technicolor Creative Studios have access to the very best award-winning talent using the latest in creative technology across film, episodic, advertising and brand experience.
- Scale & Infrastructure – Under a consolidated infrastructure of creative studios, each project benefits from the power and scale of shared learnings, innovations and insights from across all businesses. Harmonized workflows and systems across all studios mean faster, scalable and smarter working across all client projects.