It is proven that younger generations are more willing to change their everyday lives in the name of sustainability. Therefore, they deserve a thank you. That is the idea behind TAKT, the Danish furniture brand’s, new spot.
Directed by Bacon’s Bine Bach, the film is a myriad of colorful, quirky, and perfectly grotesque scenes with a voiceover thanking those who are going the extra mile for the environment.
Patiently paced to match Bach’s signature brand of deadpan humor, the film goes for the sweet spot between an earnest “thank you” for taking care of the planet and a humorous piece of filmmaking. And this tonality has been the goal from the get-go. Watch below:
“Just because sustainability is a serious issue doesn’t mean you can’t have fun with it, and that is what we have tried to prove with this film,” Bine Bach says. “It was unbelievably freeing to work with a team that encouraged us to really push our creativity in exploring this idea. TAKT wants to say thank you, but I want to thank them (and my Bacon fam) for being an absolute blast to work with.”
The creative concept was initially created in collaboration between TAKT and students at the media school Reklamelinjen in Copenhagen before the idea was further developed and interpreted by Bine Bach.
- Production Company: Bacon
- Director: Bine Bach
- Executive Producer: Mette Jermiin
- Producer: Oliver Kornberg Sand
- DOP: Jonas Blond
- Production Manager: Nana Rothenborg
- Focus Puller: Asger Borberg
- Gaffer: Jens Lund @ Gaffers
- Electrician: Martin Dahl Andersen
- Set Designer: Rikke Tvilum
- Props Master: Frederikke Jermiin
- Stylist: Melissa Orndorff
- Runner: Felix Bjerre
- Post Producer: Louise Ryge
- Editor: Jasmin Falk-Jensen
- Composer: Mads Bergland
- Sound Designer: Mads Bergland
- Colorist: Hannibal Lang / BaconX
- Composite: Kai Hauswirth / BaconX