The holidays are a time of reuniting with people you love. But for some, it’s not that simple. As millions prepare to go home for the holidays, 44% of LGBTQ people feel they can’t come home as their true selves. Pantene has set out to address this.
A new campaign from Pantene and GREY New York, in partnership with GLAAD, advocates that whenever, wherever, however you come home, coming home should be #BEAUTIFULGBTQ, without fear of being rejected by identity or appearance.
Edited by Cut+Run’s Stacy Peterson and directed by Curfew’s Madeline Kelly, Pantene’s anthem “Home for the Holidays,” is a beautiful story that interweaves the Trans Chorus Of Los Angeles’ performance of “I’ll Be Home For Christmas” with footage of chorus members Steven, Miliana and Crystal.
With a mixture of nervousness and optimism, we watch as they travel back to the thresholds of their respective family homes. Watch below:
“As a queer editor with my own unique family dynamics, I brought a deep appreciation to the project,” says Cut+Run’s Stacy Peterson. “I admire the intention behind the campaign, and everyone’s dedication to authentic experience, from the focus on real voices to the partnership with GLAAD.”
“It’s been a privilege to work on this very important campaign and platform and to contribute in driving such needed conversation around acceptance. We felt it was important to shift the narrative, go beyond the struggle and embrace a positive celebration. Big kudos to the brand and their continuous and meaningful support of the LGBTQ community” said Javier Bonilla and Joe Mongognia, ECDs on the project.
- Chief Creative Officer: John Patroulis
- Executive Creative Director: Javier Bonilla
- Executive Creative Director: Joe Mongognia
- Creative Director: Arturo Macouzet
- Associate Creative Director: Bryan Burns
- Senior Art Director: Emily Pracher
- Executive Producer: Keira Rosenthal
- Senior Producer: Kelsey Longo VP,
- Music Producer: David Lapinsky
- Music Producer: Leland Drake
- Global Strategy Director: Julia Perissinoto
- EVP, Global Account Director: Anjali Jain SVP,
- Account Director: Kate Bernhardt
- Account Executive: Samantha Simon
- Content Architect: Andrew Pattee
- Project Manager: Morgan Marc VP,
- Head of Talent: Natasha Howell Business Manager: Beverly Beach
Production Company: Curfew
- Director: Madeline Kelly
- DP: Erik Henriksson
- Managing Partners: Spencer Dennis, Mark Smith
- Line Producer: Alana Mitnick
EDIT: Cut+Run Editorial
- Editor: Stacy Peterson
- Managing Director: Lauren Hertzberg
- Producer: Hope DuHaime
FINISH: Jogger NY