In light of celebrating International Women’s Day and Women’s History Month, one of the industry’s leading woman-owned and managed entertainment marketing companies — NuContext headed by Founder/EP Angela Guice — produced this year’s unprecedented Oscar promotional campaign for ABC Entertainment Marketing.
The campaign, featuring Amy Schumer, Regina Hall & Wanda Sykes. , highlights the widely talked about topic — the hostless award ceremony — taking a humorous approach at building excitement around the return of the Oscars, this time with not one host but three. Watch below:
“Imagine having one of the funniest women in comedy today hosting the Oscars… Now, multiply that by three,” said Craig Erwich, president, Hulu Originals and ABC Entertainment. “Regina, Amy and Wanda are comedy powerhouses who will make history as the first female trio to host the biggest night in entertainment, and we’re thrilled to have them at the helm to deliver an incredible show full of unforgettable moments and laughter.”
Award-nominated actor and producer Hall will star in the upcoming Master, on which she also served as executive producer, and is a producer and star of Honk for Jesus, Save Your Soul. She recently appeared in the series Nine Perfect Strangers and starred in the feature film Girls Trip.
Schumer is an Emmy, Peabody and Critics Choice Award-winning comedian, actor, writer, producer and director. She is a writer, director, executive producer and star of the upcoming comedy series “Life and Beth,” and starred in such features as The Humans, I Feel Pretty and Trainwreck, which she also wrote.
Sykes is an Emmy-winning writer, comedian, actor and producer. She is a creator, executive producer, writer and star of the comedy series The Upshaws and can be seen in the upcoming series History of the World; Part II. Her credits also include the stand-up special Wanda Sykes: Not Normal, The Other Two and Monster-in-Law.
The 94th Oscars will be held on Sunday, March 27, 2022, at the Dolby® Theatre at Hollywood & Highland in Hollywood and will be televised live on ABC at 8 p.m. ET/5 p.m. PT and in more than 200 territories worldwide.
CLIENT: ABC Entertainment Marketing
- Executive Vice President-Marketing, ABC and General Entertainment: Erin Weir
- EVP Creative Content Marketing at ABC, Hulu, Freeform, ABC News: Aaron Goldman
- Vice President, Creative: Melissa King
- Creative Director: Stephen Schwartz
- Vice President Branding and Design: Gennifer Leong-Alvarado
- Executive Director, Design at ABC Television: Lucas P. Aragon
- Executive Director: Lara Wickes
- Associate Director/Special Projects/Production: Sandy Christmas
- Manager: Teeny Stillings
- Associate Producer: Randy Jackson
- Associate Producer: Scott Bosely
- Production Coordinator: Katy Jones
- Production Assistant: Casey Schoch
- ABC Creative: Chris Folkens
- VP, Branding & Design: Gennifer Leong
- Branding & Design: Simon Minho-Kim
- Executive Director, Photo: Brandy Ley
- Photo Manager: Natalie Thompson
- Senior Writer / Producer: Jason Letkiewicz
- Sr. Writer / Producer: Sean Kunz
- Writer / Producer: Kent Rensing
Production Company: NuContext
- Executive Producer: Angela Guice
- Director: Mike Bernstein
- Producer: Chad Engel
- Director of Photography: Tom Banks
- Assistant Director: Brandeaux Tourville
- Production Designer: Marcelle Gravel
- Key Gaffer: Nick DurrKey Grip: Don Padilla
- Production Manager: Rachel Oliver
- Coordinator: Akasha Ross
- Talent Coordinator: Michael Rola