In anticipation of Season 3 of American Idol, ABC tapped design and motion-graphic house The New Blank to evolve the graphics package they created for Season 1. The order of the day was a flexible and engaging design to carry the promotional marketing for the king of broadcast talent experiences.
Spectacle and event were predominant themes carried throughout the rebrand with a 3D photo-real strobing light tube effect.
“The New Blank was able to evolve and elevate our American Idol graphics package for our Season 3 marketing of the show,” comments ABC’s Lucas Aragon. ” It was a pleasure to work with them again on this project which they designed back in Season 1 for ABC.”
In the ultimate demonstration of the show must go on, American Idol has moved to remote live performances – contestants will perform at their homes, with judges and host Ryan Seacrest all conferencing in from their locations. Live rounds begin on April 26.
- Executive Design Director: Lucas P. Aragon,
- Art Director: Christopher Abbey,
- Design Producer: Karla Saenz
Design Company: The New Blank
- Creative Director: Eric Edwards
- Designed by: Vince Diga, Greg Herman, Erik Buth
- 3D: Marcus Kulik
- Animation team: Eric Edwards, Marcus Kulik, Ben Strickland, Bryce Stines, Ryan Davies
- Producer: Andrew Kobliska
- Executive Producer: Sevrin Daniels
- Executive Creative Director: Bobby Hougham
SOURCE: The New Blank