General Motors is changing the way the world views electric vehicles, and now, they’re looking to shift the vehicle safety paradigm by changing the way the world thinks about road safety – by engineering safety through a human lens.
In the latest campaign from McCann Detroit, General Motors introduces Periscope, a new safety brand that brings together research, technology and advocacy to help illustrate how the company is working to achieve its vision of a future with zero crashes.
The “Pleasant Surprises” campaign spotlights the truth that in life we experience pleasant surprises, yet on the road, there’s no such thing. Through GM’s holistic approach to safety, brought to life by Periscope, GM seeks to celebrate the fortuitous moments that come about in life when the unfortunate ones are avoided.
Watch four new spots directed by Supply & Demand’s Phil Joanou below:
The campaign will run nationally on digital and social through the end of the year. Visit gm.com to learn more.
CLIENT: General Motors
- Megan Stooke – General Motors: Director, Brand Experience & Global Marketing
- Laura Keck – General Motors: Manager, GM Brand Experience
- Lisa Bell – General Motors: Manager, GM Brand Experience
- John Capp – General Motors: Director, Vehicle Safety Technology, Strategy, & Regulations
- Tricia Morrow – General Motors: Global Product Safety & Systems
AGENCY: McCann Detroit
- Chuck Meehan – McCann Detroit: Co-Chief Creative Officer
- Brad Emmett – McCann Detroit: Co-Chief Creative Officer
- Vijay Patil – McCann Detroit: Creative Director
- Andrew Siebert – McCann Detroit: Creative Director
- Hafeez Saheed – McCann Detroit: Executive Integrated Producer
- Krysty Sagnia – McCann Detroit: Executive Account Director
- Dave Paxton – McCann Detroit: Account Director
- Debra Sliva – McCann Detroit: Business Manager
- Stacy Swann – McCann Detroit: Associate Director, Business Affairs
- Cynthia Noyes – McCann Detroit: Broadcast Traffic
PRODUCTION: Supply & Demand
- Phil Joanou (Director) – Supply & Demand
- Tim Case (Exec Producer) – Supply & Demand
- Charleen Manca (Exec Producer) – Supply & Demand
- Paul Manix (Line Producer) – Supply & Demand
- Chancler Haynes (Editor) – Cosmo
- Kacie Gomez (Producer) – Cosmo