Acclaimed Chicago native Harry Lennix, Jr. (The Matrix, Man of Steel, Batman v. Superman) has joined the cast of Netflix’s upcoming anime series, Army of the Dead: Lost Vegas. The series is a spinoff that serves as a prequel to Zack Snyder’s upcoming 2021 zombie action heist film Army of the Dead.
The anime series chronicles the origin story of Scott (Dave Bautista) and his rescue crew during the initial fall of Vegas as they confront the mysterious source of the zombie outbreak.
Lennix joins Joe Manganiello (True Blood, Justice League), Christian Slater (Mr. Robot), Vanessa Hudgens (Tick, Tick … Boom!) and Jenna Malone (Antebellum).
Below is the entire cast:
- Joe Manganiello (Justice League) as Rose
- Christian Slater (Mr. Robot) as Torrance
- Harry Lennix (The Blacklist) as Boorman
- Ross Butler (13 Reasons Why) as Chen
- Anya Chalotra (The Witcher) as Lucilia
- Vanessa Hudgens (Tick, Tick … Boom!) as Willow
- Jena Malone (Antebellum) as Zeta
- Yetide Badaki (American Gods) as Queen Meeru
- Christina Wren (Man of Steel) as Nicole
- Monica Barbaro (The Good Cop) as Meagan
- Nolan North (Star Trek: Lower Decks) as Clemenson
ALSO READ: Halloween comes to HBO Max
Previously announced cast Dave Bautista, Ana De La Reguera, Tig Notaro, Omari Hardwick and Ella Purnell will reprise their feature roles in the anime series.
The series will be Executive Produced by Deborah Snyder, Zack Snyder, Wesley Coller from The Stone Quarry alongside Jay Olivia and Shay Hatten.
Zack Snyder will direct 2 episodes. Jay Oliva (Batman: The Dark Knight Returns and upcoming Netflix Original Anime Series Trese) will be showrunning as well as directing 2 episodes of the series.
Meduzarts Animation Studio will serve as the animation studio.
SOURCE: Warner Media Group