Yesterday, a total of 38 Cube winners were announced in Packaging Design, Product Design and Typography on the third day of the week-long online ADC 99th Annual Awards, the world’s longest continually-running show celebrating excellence in craft and innovation in all forms of design and advertising.
This year’s awards come during the third week of The One Club’s Creative Month 2020, an expansive streaming event running free of charge May 4-29 featuring a wide range of original creative inspiration, education, gender equality, inclusion & diversity and professional development content specifically developed for a global online audience.
Best of Discipline for Packaging Design went to Scholz & Friends Berlin for “The Tampon Book: a book against tax discrimination” on behalf of The Female Company.
The agency also won two ADC Gold Cubes for the work.
In Product Design, Superunion London won Best of Discipline for “Notpla” on behalf of Notpla. Jones Knowles Ritchie London was awarded Typography Best of Discipline for Courtney Tulloch “Making Impossible Possible”.
Winners in other disciplines will be announced online each day this week, accompanied by daily Instagram Live conversations between ADC 99th jury members and the creatives behind the biggest winning works.
ADC Gold Cube winners for the third day of the ADC 99th Annual Awards are below.
Packaging Design (6 Gold, 2 Silver, 5 Bronze, 19 Merit)
- 33 and Branding Beijing “Packaging Made From Bagasse” for Biohyalux in Sustainable / Eco-friendly – Single
- Casa Rex São Paulo “Takkø Café Packaging” for Takkø Café in Food / Beverage – Food – Series
- Dentsu Tokyo “Pocky THE GIFT” for Ezaki Glico Co., Ltd. In Food / Beverage – Food – Series
- Scholz & Friends Berlin “The Tampon Book: a book against tax discrimination” for The Female Company in Design for Good – Packaging Design
- Scholz & Friends Berlin “The Tampon Book: a book against tax discrimination” for The Female Company in Pharma / Health / Wellness
- Superunion Hong Kong “Figlia – Feminine by Nature” for Agricola Dargenio in Food / Beverage – Food – Series
Product Design (1 Gold, 4 Silver, 4 Bronze, 12 Merit)
- Superunion London “Notpla” for Notpla in Design for Good – Product Design
Typography (3 Gold, 7 Silver, 6 Bronze, 23 Merit)
- Jones Knowles Ritchie London “Making Impossible Possible” for Courtney Tulloch in Motion – Single or Series
- SHA inc. Tokyo “The Hidden Essence” for NHK (Japan Broadcasting Corporation) in Poster – Series
- Tien-Min Liao Long Island City “Ribaasu” for Typeji in Typefaces / Font Systems – Single or Series
“More people have climbed Mount Everest than won an ADC Gold Cube,” said Philippe Meunier, CCO/cofounder, Sid Lee, One Club Board member and a past president of the Art Directors Club. “As we kick off ADC’s centennial celebration later this year, it’ll be a unique opportunity to look back at a century of craft and its impact on pop culture, and reflect on the past 100 years so we can better envision the next 100 years to come.”
The complete list of all Gold, Silver, Bronze and Merit winners for these disciplines can be viewed here.
SOURCE: The One Club