Battery and Havas Media announce today the launch of a new campaign for the 2021 Sundance Film Festival. The pair executed the creative & media strategy for this campaign including social, digital banners, and :30 film running across multiple video platforms.
Sundance’s new virtual platform allows attendees to experience the festival online for the first time. “This is a totally unique project, for our unique times,” said Battery Creative Director Michelle Nam Fischer.
She adds, “In this extraordinary year of isolation, the Festival recognizes the essential need and desire to connect. So this year we’re also helping the Festival use this as an opportunity to reach new audiences who can now access the Festival in a way that works for them.”
“With this largely online festival we’ve crafted a new Meaningful Media Experience that connects with potential attendees using customized addressable audiences who likely have never had the opportunity to attend the festival before,” said Lisa Evia, President, Havas Media overseeing Chicago and Canada.
“As part of this campaign we also activated our Social Equity Marketplace that enabled us to use publishers that are traditionally underrepresented in the marketing industry and reach new, more diverse audiences for the Sundance Film Festival.” Watch below:
The 2021 Sundance Film Festival will premiere more than 70 feature films on their custom online platform over the course of seven days, January 28-February 3. There also will be a network of independent Satellite Screens—art house cinemas, drive-ins, and pop-ups—across the country screening portions of the program. The online Festival is slated to begin January 28, 2021. Tickets are on sale now.
- CCO: Philip Khosid
- Head of Brand: Mike Parseghian
- Head of Strategy: Sean McNamaraJr.
- Strategist: Casey Hoeschler
- Head of Production: Danielle Tarris
- Producer: Tyler Divine
- Exec. Creative Dir: Scott Brown
- Creative Director – Design: Drea Schneider
- Creative Director – Writer: Michelle Nam
- Brand Coordinator: Elijah Patterson
- Sr. Brand Manager: Liberty Padre
PRODUCTION COMPANY : Good Form
Designer: Jullian Ablaza
MUSIC AND SOUND DESIGN: Jeff Mobe
- President, Chicago & Canada: Lisa Evia
- SVP, Client Lead: Kaitlyn Murphy
- Media Supervisor: Jenn Mevorah
- Media Planner: Alexandra Dorr
- Associate Director, Social: Ashley Fletcher
- VP, Group Director, Programmatic: Sarah Koch
- Senior Programmatic Strategist: Tom Watson
- Programmatic Trading Manager: Mandaline Dunne
- SVP, Group Director, Analytics: Becky Prindable
- Analytics Supervisor: Bob Burkhardt
- Analytics Specialist: Jenn Rodriguez
- Ad Ops, Supervisor: Chris Bridenstine