One lucky civilian may take the stratosphere this Fall with SpaceX and Shift4, as announced in the Super Bowl campaign spot “Join Us” out of agency Known.
Directed by Bryce Dallas Howard (Jurassic World), shot by John Schwartzman and produced by our friends at Durable Goods, the wistful ad belies the gravity of the offering–a 3-4 day trip to space–with an inspirational ode to childhood dreams, set to the tune of ‘Twinkle Twinkle Little Star,’ performed by British-Jamaican singer Celeste.
The spot broke on Wednesday, February 3, 2021 ahead of the big game, where it officially aired on the live television broadcast during the first quarter. Watch Below:
Shift4 founder, billionaire, and accomplished pilot Jared Isaacman will charter the world’s first all-civilian space flight mission, called Inspiration4, and grant one of the four Crew Dragon seats to a fortuitous raffle winner.
While donations are not required to win, all proceeds will aid the founder’s goal of raising $200 million for St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital, and count towards raffle entries: each dollar earns 10 entries, capping at 10,000 entries. Isaacman granted the hospital seats two and three, with one earmarked for a hospital front-line worker. The fourth will go to the entrepreneur winner of a second contest.
Each seat is designated a mission pillar of Leadership, Hope, Generosity and Prosperity–the randomly selected raffle winner will earn the Generosity seat.
After a month’s raffle, winners will be selected on a to-be-determined date in March 2021. Inspiration4 will launch no earlier than Q4 2021 via the Dragon spacecraft and Falcon 9 rocket from Kennedy Space Center, and orbit the earth on a route set to eclipse more than 90% of the earth’s population.
Click HERE to learn more about the mission.
AGENCY: Known Studios
- Production Company: Durable Goods
- Director: Bryce Dallas Howard
- Creative Producer: John Swartz
- Development Coordinator: Nia Farrell
- Production Company Executive Producer: Rebecca Wray
- Production Company Managing Director: Hani Selim
- Producer: Michael Koerbel
- Production Company Line Producer: Michelle Wang
- DP/DP Agent: John Schwartzman / Msa Holland Murray
- Production Supervisor: Taylor Miller
- 1st Assistant: Director Erik Marshall
- Production Design: John Richoux
- Art Director: Zachary Skoubis
- Gaffer: Chuck Linkes
- Key Grip: Alex Cruz
- Studios: Jacqueline Carroll @Thunder Studios
- Editor/Editing Company: Known Studios
- Visual Effects: ILM – Industrial Light & Magic
- SSVPvp, Chief Creative Officer: Rob Bredow
- Dir. Of Business Development: Luke O’Byrne
- VFX Sr. Producer: Amber Wong
- Producer: Susan Greenhow
- VFX Supervisor: Andrew Roberts
- Associate Producer: Eric Schroeder
Music and Sound Design Company: Known Studios
EDIT: Cut and Run