June 3rd was National Egg Day and it got hacked… by those rascals at Jimmy Dean. Americans eat a lot of eggs, especially at breakfast. In fact, they consume an estimated 279 eggs per year. With that kind of popularity, eggs deserve the perfect partner on the plate.
That’s why for the celebrated day Jimmy Dean gave breakfast fans eggs’ best pairing – free sausage.
Developed by Ogilvy, “We know eggs rank high in America’s hearts. From fried to scrambled, their versatility is unmatched and their ease of preparation has made them a fridge staple for quick breakfasts or weeknight meals. But we also know eggs taste even better when paired with our signature seasoned sausage,” said Christopher Olson, senior brand manager, Jimmy Dean brand. “We’re excited to recognize eggs’ place on America’s plates and reward everyone with a delicious and savory complement to their eggs – our sausage.”
Scan an Egg, Get a Sausage
For National Egg Day, June 3rd, Jimmy Dean brand is turned every egg into an offer for the free sausage to encourage consumers to cook up a warm, satisfying breakfast with the dynamic duo.
Here’s how to get in on the fun:
- Scan: Through the exclusive, first-of-its-kind Jimmy Dean brand lens on the Snapchat app, use your phone to scan a fresh egg and swipe up to start redeeming this free sausage offer. Once prompted, you will be asked to enter your phone number and will receive a text to opt into the offer.
- Shop: Head to the refrigerated aisle of the grocery store and purchase a 1lb roll of Jimmy Dean fresh premium pork sausage (any of the 8 signature seasoned varieties applies).
- Submit: Take a photo of your receipt and submit to receive $5.99 for your purchase conveniently through your PayPal account.
- Savor: Enjoy your fresh Jimmy Dean sausage and eggs.
“We think it’s a pretty ‘egg’citing program and cannot wait to help people celebrate this perfect partnership of sausage and eggs,” added Christopher.
The unique lens goes live on the Snapchat app on June 3rd, 2021 at 12 midnight Eastern Time with up to 10,000 offers available for redemption.
CLIENT: Jimmy Dean
- DEPUTY WORLDWIDE CHIEF CREATIVE OFFICER: Joe Sciarrotta
- EXECUTIVE CREATIVE DIRECTOR: Isaac Pagán-Muñoz
- CREATIVE DIRECTOR: Pat Seidel
- CREATIVE DIRECTOR: Chris Rose
- CREATIVE DIRECTOR / COPYWRITER: Michael Franklin
- ASSOCIATE CREATIVE DIRECTOR / ART DIRECTOR: Giovanni Muratori
- EXECUTIVE DESIGN DIRECTOR: Gabe Usadel
- CREATIVE DIRECTOR, DESIGN: Olen Amelia
- CHIEF STRATEGY OFFICER: Karl Turnbull
- GROUP PLANNING DIRECTOR: Katie Sheeran
- ASSOCIATE STRATEGY DIRECTOR: Jaime Mougan
- EXECUTIVE DIRECTION OF DIGITAL PRODUCTION & TECHNOLOGY: Preeti Shah
- DIRECTOR, DIGITAL PRODUCTION: Jessica Rivera
- GROUP DIRECTOR, CREATIVE TECHNOLOGY: Kaare Wesnaes
- PRODUCER: Justin Moreno
- MANAGING DIRECTOR: James Hidden
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR: Adam LeGrand
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR: Jordan Hallmark
- ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE: Maddie Savin
- MANAGING DIRECTOR, PR: Melissa Smith
- SENIOR VICE PRESIDENT, PR: Chrstina Smith Marion
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR, PR: Francesca Lee
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR, PR: Cami Crawford
- ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE, PR: Enrique Hernandez
- STRATEGY PLANNING DIRECTOR: Kelsey Alexander
- STRATEGY PLANNING DIRECTOR: Bobby Laing
- DIRECTOR, DIGITAL INVESTMENT: Brittany Rollheiser
- ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR, DIGITAL INVESTMENT: Nate Burstein
LENS DEVELOPMENT: The Mill, New York
POST PRODUCTION / VIDEO: Optimus
PHOTOGRAPHER: Lucas Zarebinski