In response to industry-wide challenges caused by the spread of the novel coronavirus COVID-19, Communo, the jobs platform that matches highly-vetted talent with marketing agencies looking to staff projects or positions, has announced that, effective immediately, it is offering a free membership for all freelancers.
The site is also providing one month of credited membership dues to agencies for every contract, project or full-time employment position awarded to any Communo members on the platform.
“The Coronavirus is crippling businesses, and the marketing industry will be one of the hardest hit. Already, brands are canceling or pausing market budgets and agencies are announcing widespread layoffs as a result,” said Ryan Gill, CEO of Communo. “At Communo, which has always been a paid subscription for access to the best vetted talent in the industry, we are opening our virtual doors to do our part to help people find projects, full-time and part-time work. Our goal is to leave no none behind.”
Since its founding in 2018, Communo has facilitated deal flow valued at over $40MM, with an average job size of $30K. Each job request has resulted in an average of 13 matches with compatible, qualified professionals, with time to hire as quickly as three days.
“What’s happening to our society is an incredible tragedy, and this abrupt stop has caused collateral damage, which affects not only organizations but also the wonderful, creative individuals that make the work happen,” shared John Winsor, founder and CEO of Open Assembly, and visiting executive at Harvard Business School. “The only way forward for every organization, especially agencies and brands, is for leaders to begin to build a new organizational model that’s based on open talent and remote work, using platforms like Communo that match the best people to the tasks to be done.”
More than just a “job app,” Communo is an online community dedicated to bringing people together to do the work they love. That’s never been more important. As a member of Communo, the benefits go way beyond just jobs for freelancers:
- A professional profile to help freelancers get discovered by over 400 agency members.
- A thriving professional community of 40k+ freelancers representing over 72 areas of expertise in the advertising, marketing and creative services industries.
- Jobs hand-curated for marketing, advertising and creative professionals.
- Industry, community and networking events to keep freelancers connected.
- A growing list of discounts and offers on tools that freelancers and agencies use.
- Agencies can source industry-leading talent 10x faster than traditional in-house recruiters, staffing agencies or other online talent marketplaces at a fraction of the costs.
“We have been forced to work differently than we have previously, and Communo has proven to be the perfect solution for all ad agencies facing this new reality,” added Frank Palmer, Partner at Elevator Strategies (formally Chairman of DDB). “Having gone through a number of client campaigns using the Communo network, the results have proven to be very effective.”
Freelancers interested in learning more can visit here.