At last, M&M’S fans can grab one bag that includes all of their favorite flavors mixed together with the introduction of M&M’S Mix.
Classic Mix features the top three most popular varieties—Milk Chocolate, Peanut, and Peanut Butter—and Peanut Mix includes Milk, Dark, and White Chocolate Peanut M&M’S.
But, how do the iconic M&M’S characters feel about being cramped together in one bag?
To help promote the latest product innovation, M&M’S and BBDO NY created an equally innovative campaign that tackles this burning question. Watch below:
Work includes M&M’S first-ever AR print ad—when you hover a phone over the ad, the scene featuring all of the M&M’S characters comes to life, with the animated candies taking center stage via a Snapchat AR experience. At last, M&M’S Mix is here, and now you can dive right in—literally!
The print ad is currently running in the latest issues of PEOPLE, Billboard and Sports Illustrated, among other outlets.
The campaign also includes social and online videos taking viewers inside the M&M’S Mix bag.
In addition, a series of product-integration digital videos were made specifically for M&M’S Mix and featuring the creative to live across PEOPLE (18 videos), PEOPLE en Espanol (16 videos), and Entertainment Weekly (16 videos).
Based on enjoying a share-size bag of the new product when streaming entertainment and snacking with friends, Meredith leveraged these three entertainment brands to create a first-to-market partnership.
The creative runs as part of PEOPLE magazine’s popular “PEOPLE Picks” touting the best in TV, film, and books.
CLIENT: M&M’s, Mars Wrigley
- SENIOR BRAND DIRECTOR: Allison Miazga Bedrick
- SENIOR BRAND MANAGER: Tom Hedworth
- SENIOR ASSOCIATE BRAND MANAGER: Ohemaah Ntiamoah
CREATIVE AGENCY: BBDO New York
- CHIEF CREATIVE OFFICER, BBDO WORLDWIDE: David Lubars
- GLOBAL EXECUTIVE CREATIVE DIRECTOR: Tim Bayne
- ASSOCIATE CREATIVE DIRECTOR: Matthew Low
- ASSOCIATE CREATIVE DIRECTOR: Kristin Clark
- EVP, GROUP EXECUTIVE PRODUCER: Amy Wertheimer
- INTEGRATED PRODUCER: Caroline Deason
- SENIOR MUSIC PRODUCER: Julia Millison
- BUSINESS MANAGER: Shelly Bloch
- CEO & PRESIDENT: Kirsten Flanik
- EVP, GLOBAL ACCOUNT LEADER, MARS INC: Susannah Keller
- EVP, SENIOR DIRECTOR: Lisa Piliguian
- SVP, ACCOUNT DIRECTOR: Ashley Gill
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR: Taylor Baird
- ACCOUNT MANAGER: Jess Dunne
- VP, DIRECTOR OF COMMUNICATIONS PLANNING: Brian Brydon
- SENIOR BRAND STRATEGIST: Dex Blumenthal
ANIMATION/VFX: House Special
- EXECUTIVE PRODUCER: Lourri Hammack
- ANIMATION DIRECTOR: Kirk Kelley
- SENIOR PRODUCER: Zilpha Yost
- PRODUCTION LIAISON: Alix Iverson
AUDIO/SOUND DESIGN: Sound Lounge
- SENIOR PRODUCER: Lauren Mullen
- AUDIO ENGINEER: Rob DiFondi