Creative marketing and production company 19th & Park produced a new campaign for hair care company DevaCurl. “Curl Knockouts” aims to showcase the joy and celebration associated with embracing your curls while reinforcing DevaCurl’s place as a leader in the curl category.
The production company led the creative development and production of photo and video deliverables for the campaign, which highlights DevaCurl’s brand portfolio and the conversations it aims to lead at the intersection of race and hair.
Featuring a playful theme of celebration, the campaign will see 19th & Park deliver 13 key photographs – each centered on DevaCurl’s objective of encouraging new and existing curly consumers to “Live Their Curls” via their best-in-class products for all curl types.
For the shoot, 19th & Park cast a diverse group of models representing a wide range of distinct hair textures and skin tones and brought on longtime collaborator and renowned lifestyle photographer Andre Perry to helm the shoot.
“We were always in sync with DevaCurl from a creative and execution standpoint, which allowed for transparency and fluidity throughout the entire process,” explains Rachael Hardy, 19th & Park Creative Director. “Age and body diversity are very important to them and they leaned on our expertise in working with women and models of color. Some of the models were fans of DevaCurl’s products, so it was really helpful to have that familiarity with the brand itself.”
“When it comes to a product that allows individuals to be their best – in this case, with their natural hair – it’s something to be celebrated, especially since it hasn’t been historically,” adds Perry, who has shot campaigns for Target, AT&T, Walmart, Facebook, Men’s Health, Nike, and PUMA.
“DevaCurl has an extremely clear vision of their brand, and this campaign was no exception,” concludes Hardy. “We appreciate how welcoming they were to our team’s ideas to elevate the campaign through every detail, from start to finish. That’s where we excel at 19th & Park.”
The campaign launched on July 1st, across social media, digital, and in stores.
- VP, Marketing: Ana Maria Alonso
- Sr. Director, Brand Marketing: Malek Varano
- Sr. Manager, Brand Marketing: Joy Rashnavad
- Art. Director: Tia Strandfeldt
- Dir. Of Education Development: Sid Ra’oof
PRODUCTION COMPANY: 19th & Park
- Co-Founder & CEO: Whitney Headen
- Co-Founder & President: Tahira White
- VP, Brand Integration: Cieja Springer
- Creative Director: Rachael Hardy
- Executive Producer: Monica Victor
- Head of Production: Morgan Saunders
- Senior Producer: Sandra Miller
- Director of Account Management: Markia Erickson
- Head Of Project Management: Leslie Alexander
- Sr. Production Project Manager: Kelly Yamamoto
- Account Manager: Tahnyl Jordan
- Graphic Designer: Shannaine Franklin
- Photographer: Andre Perry
- 1st AC: Daniel Vanderdeen
- 2nd AC: Silas Vassar
- DIGI Tech: Brian Von Glahn
- Director / Director of Photography: Shane Augustus
- 1st AC: Jordan Campbell
- Gaffer: Bertram Knight
- Key Grip: Gabe Tinoco
- Lead Hair Stylist: Nidiyah Salahuddin
- Assistant Hair: Madison Suliva
- Make-Up Artist: Jaleesa Jaikeran
- Assistant Make-Up: Linda Charles
- Wardrobe Stylist: Dom Alexander
- Wardrobe Assistant: Danita Bethea
- Stylist Intern: Iyanla Mosley-Thomas
- Covid Compliance Officer: Clara Ali
- Production Assistant – Set: Jazz Sizemore Hoskins
- Production Assistant – Set: Jadier Rojas
- Production Assistant – Set: Morgan Farruya
- Talent: Alli Silva
- Talent: Eileen Matias
- Talent: Karina Matos
- Talent: Robyn May